SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love wireless... I just bought my first wireless mouse and keyboard (amidst claims of poor battery life) and so far so good. Anyway...

I have played about with wireless networking and gotta say it was a lot better than I had expected so if you can afford it, might be worth a lookie.
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by weirdbeardmt
    I just bought my first wireless mouse and keyboard (amidst claims of poor battery life)
    yeah. i got a wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard and I have tried lots of brand of batteries. The ones with the longest 'lifespan' are Duracell Alkaline batteries. All the rest i tried died in a couple of weeks...this one goes on for well over a month for my mouse. as for th keyboard...i cant even remember when the last time i changed its batteries.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by astericks

yeah. i got a wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard and I have tried lots of brand of batteries. The ones with the longest 'lifespan' are Duracell Alkaline batteries. All the rest i tried died in a couple of weeks...this one goes on for well over a month for my mouse. as for th keyboard...i cant even remember when the last time i changed its batteries.
    Ahhh.. I use Energizer Titanium batteries in mine. Probably have the same mouse and keyboard. Hmmm.. Got them in March, and changed the batteries in both mice last week. Haven't changed them in the keyboards yet. Love not having cords in the way as well, would never switch back.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke

Ahhh.. I use Energizer Titanium batteries in mine. Probably have the same mouse and keyboard. Hmmm.. Got them in March, and changed the batteries in both mice last week. Haven't changed them in the keyboards yet. Love not having cords in the way as well, would never switch back.
    I have a Logitech mouse/keyboard combo, and have had it over two months with heavy use -- haven't yet changed the batteries and to be honest they are crappy "Never gonna last longer than about 10 minutes, buy 25 for a 1 style" and they have lasted without problem so far. The only issue I have with the keyboard is that it doesn't have Caps/Scroll lock lights on, but 'part from that -- I love the lack of cables, so much easier to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue I have with the keyboard is that it doesn't have Caps/Scroll lock lights on, but 'part from that -- I love the lack of cables, so much easier to use.
    the abscence of those lights used to bother me, but you'll soon get used to them. take me for example, i dont even notice that th lights are missing...and when i'm using a KB with those lights...i never even look at them.

Lack of cables is cool...have you tried using your computer while being at the other end of the room? it kicks ***...esp for me...when watching british soccer on saturday mornings...i dont have to move from the couch to check half time scores.

I also tried using it from halfway up the stairs with a wall between me and the computer...it still works. I know...thats not the way ppl use their computers...hhehehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually if you go into the iTouch software you can have the indicators for numlock and caps lock show up in your system tray.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea...but i'm a bit of a psycho when it comes to having lots of icons in the system tray...i kill them all the time.

I dont even have the iTouch software installed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use XP and most of them are set to hide... Only one I can't get to hide that I want to is the MySQL Tools Icon..
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm....are you talking about the traffic lights icons [mysqladmin i guess...]? cant u just click on it > Show me

and then close it? it'll still be running in the bg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by astericks
    Yea...but i'm a bit of a psycho when it comes to having lots of icons in the system tray...i kill them all the time.

I dont even have the iTouch software installed.
    Heh, just like me. What really narks me is MSN and ICQ having to be in there. Grr. If they weren't I would just have one, the icon for Sophos AV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wireless rocks, I'm also on the bandwagon with the Logitech setup. I've been having some issues with clicking with my mouse (i.e. it's hard to left-click, almost as if it's worn out), but I don't think the wireless is to blame for that. The low-battery warning is a nice feature that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go into Mouseware and set your mouse to "Make double clicking easier". Should help.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, just like me. What really narks me is MSN and ICQ having to be in there. Grr.
    My usual routine when turning on my computer is to remove those icons from there, msn and icq. i dont use them very often anyway.

The only one I'm used to being there are Adsgone [popup manager], NAV, volume.

Ben, i have no complaints with the wireless mouse and keyboard. You'll like it..for sure.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking about getting a wireless keyboard and mouse. I was looking at the Logitech one everyone was talking about a few months back and I think i'm going to get it. From the reports of what I have heard, I think its safe to assume that the Logitech is a good keyboard. If you have any complaints they would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only complaint is the mouse doesn't always connect to the receiver when it is first plugged in. Actually made me read the manual the first set we plugged in.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------