SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help..How should I approach marketing this site?

Hey there, I am really new to this community, so please dont hold my less than average knowlege against me! I run a non-profit foundation, and after 25 years in the same town, we are still very "unknown". I took over this job a couple months ago, and one of the first things on my agenda have been to get a website up and going. The website for the Arizona Lupus Foundation is up and running, and just recently I added a vB message board, but I am really having a hard time getting traffic. Does anyone know of any ideas that can help get me out there? We need all the exposure we can get, but I really have no idea on search engines and whatever else I can do. Thanks for any input you can give.

Jim
    Last edited by DBaxJ; Jun 20, 2002 at 09:13.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am sure most could write a book on a reply to this question.

Look at the top of the forums, and click the promote button Seriously, I have started going through this article, by article and the info is great.

As for community's I always think it is a mistake to launch either a community only site, or a community ontop of a site that is low in visitors. This is simply because on an empty board noone will register as there is no community there. Kind of a vicious circle huh?

Have your friends, web friends all sign up and post some q's., hell make 4,5,6,7 accounts yourself and talk to yourself. It will create a community feel and people will be more likely to register.

Concentrate on good content, and as much of it as possible as well as link popularity.

Sorry this is so vague but the question is too open. Read through the articles and other forums, and if you just spend at least 30 mins doing this you will feel much more confident!
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.... every little bit helps! Its just a matter of finding a starting point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an hard time to find the link to access your message board, the fact the links are not underlined didn't make it easy
    Sebastien Rosset
    :: Commercial: BlackSonic | ScriptsCenter
    :: Non-Profit: VJCentral | ReclaimYourSoul