User Tag List

Thread: Cache problem

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cache problem

I uploaded files to a new host over 3 days ago. On my home computer, everything is fine, all changes are showing up. On my computer at work and the computers at the organization I do the site for, none of the changes I made before I uploaded the pages are showing up. On my system where the old pages are showing up, I have cleared the cache, refreshed the pages, changed the cache settings, done everything I know to do. I have searched the Sitepoint forums and tried every fix I could find in the code. Nothing has worked, even a PHP code that I used on another website when I had a similar problem. One thing I have noticed is that on the computer where the revised pages are not being refreshed, any new page I have uploaded since the initial upload 3 days ago are not showing up either. Even if I type the entire url (e.g., http://www.mfeast.org/ride.htm), the page will not show up.
    I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this. As I said, I have searched the sitepointforums and tried all the usual codes and nothing seems to work.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your ISP could have cached it. You can try using HTACCESS to control caching too if you havent already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this may help, but if your page doesn't have too many images, you can use this META TAG that prevents this thing from happening:

Between your <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags, place this code:
    <META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">

Then it will load directly from your server, without saving a local copy. Hope it helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I know nothing about htaccess but will look into it. Conspiracy-I did try that the other day and it didn't work. I think I tried every piece of code I could find on this site. This afternoon, about 4 days after I uploaded the revised pages, they finally showed up. I had put another code in I found in one of the forums and when I looked at my site, the images would load, go away, and reload constantly. I had to hit the stop button to make them stop reloading. Then I took the piece of code out and the page now shows up as it should. I'll have to see what happens next time I revise a page and see what happens. Thanks for your help.