User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would i start to promote a new site

Hi,

Ive been working on a new site for a little bit, the site is a resources site (tutorials, features, samples, community) for music makers - particualry for trance/hard house and stuff like that.

im new to the game of promoting my site so im not sure how to go about it.

Ive submitted my site to google, dmoz, lycos, alltheweb and ive got in contact with a few people but aking them for am email innterview (for content and hopefully a link to my site). Also on the message boards i goto i have my www in my sig and i try to help as much as possible.

Is this going about it the right way? If i keep going like this will it work, or is there alot more i can do to tell people about my site?

The site is at www.trancesystem.com

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to promote your site at trance/hard house party's and festivals via flyers and posters etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely think that offline advertising could benefit you. Like RobbertC mentioned, try distributing flyers/posters at parties if possible. I would also approach whatever DJs you know and try to sell them on the site and ask if they'll help publicize it at their shows.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple sources

You might want to take a look at selfpromotion.com and trafficology.com. They have a lot of well-known, and not-so-well-known ideas for generating traffic. Also, you could write some articles for other sites in your genre an put your site/tagline in your byline.

tmax

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do the flyer thing but i reckon that i have such a a small target audience that that probably wont net too many people, but you never know. I know a few record shops who could put up posters so I might try that.

I really like the idea of writting articles for other sites, im sure that could be done.

Thanks for some extra help peeps

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check out ibound.com. They are a PPC engine and if you reference searchenginepayperclick.com, they will match your first deposit.
    FREE home-based job opportunity. Company has
    been in business for 15+ years and is a member of
    the BBB. Check it out at SimpleCash.biz