SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making the leap to remote freelance web work

I've worked for nearly 7 years at one company, maintaining, designing and programming websites.

Now I've decided to leave early next year.

To be honest, I may end up doing something else entirely (change is invited) but since I'm trained and experienced in Web design, I should have a go at the world of working remotely and/or building some type of sites that could generate a little ongoing income.

I was on a good wage so I don't expect to get that sort of money if I go it alone, at least not for a long while (i.e. until client lists or income generating sites build up) but was hoping it will pay off in terms of more flexibility and being able to do things my way.

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions on which areas to get into? when it comes to generating income online or working remotely. My expertise are in design/html/css/javascript/ajax/php/mysql

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrant6 View Post
    Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions on which areas to get into? when it comes to generating income online or working remotely. My expertise are in design/html/css/javascript/ajax/php/mysql
    Thanks
    That is where the money is. Having expertise covering from front-end to back-end make you more independent. So I say delve into it. What you need to have are solid ideas that could be developed into viable projects.
    ------------------