SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menu Items not showing up

I have been trying for the past several days to get Joomla running with WAMP server 2. I have an HP HDX 16-1140 with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (P8600 @ 2.4 GHz), 4 GB RAM, and 64-bit OS. I am having a ton of problems with warning messages showing up in the Main Menu box and the Resources Menu box on the front page as well as on all of the Manager windows on the back end. When I set it up, it came up with two items that were turned ON
    instead of the suggested OFF (I believe they were Output Buffering and Display Errors). I have assumed that the since these are only warnings, they may not be a real problem, just a nuisance. However, I am having other problems where things just aren't working at all.

On the Main Menu window (from the back end), nothing shows up in it; i.e., there is no link for the Home Page. I have tried to put links in for new articles, but again, nothing shows up in the Menu Manager windows. I am trying to set up a ficticious site (Widgets, Inc.) and put two links on the front page for "About Us" and "Services" - which correspond to the names of two articles that I have entered. I want the articles to show up on other web pages. But, again, the Home page is not even showing up in the Menu Item Manager for "mainmenu."

I am wondering if WAMP SEVER2 is not compatible with my system. Would it be better to use XAMPP? Or is there just something else that I'm not doing right???

I'd appreciate your help!

rrs@nmia.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WAMP works just fine on your system or you wouldn't see a webpage at all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.

I also now have Joomla set up on my ISP account (go to the tribaltraders. com website and the joomla directory under that) and went there and did the same things on the Joomla system there. In other words, I created two new articles (About Our Widgets and Services) and created links to put them on the home page. I also changed the title of the home page to "Widgets Inc. Website." All of that works fine. The home page also shows up under MainMenu on the backend. So, do you have any ideas as to why these same things are not working with Joomla on my laptop?

Thanks for your help!