SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you find blogs to comment on?

While I do add comments on blogs regardless of SEO benefits, I would prefer to focus on blogs that dofollow (I dofollow on my own blogs - I really think it is part of the organic web structure and should remain that way - up to blog owners to check for spam and delete it).

Anyways, dofollow blogs seem to be few and far between. Dofollow directories have a very small number of sites listed. Any idea on how to find the dofollow blogs?
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Visible Ninja bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to know if there's an easier way as well. I generally just look at the source of the page and see if links are nofollow or not. When I find a blog that does allow search engines to follow my links I bookmark them and make sure to visit them often. Tedious, but that's the only way I know how.
    TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE YOUR MIND.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I think I am right there seeking for some good ways. But my friend is kind of working on that and finding something new. I dnt know its better or not. I'll ask him.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using tools: Use fast blog finder available for free on the web.

Using Search: Go to blogsearch.google.com Search for the keyword.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy as well to find an easier way, though I heard that using some tools is not very good. I just do search manually, and look at the links in the comments if they are do follow.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a nifty tool called "dofollowdiver" that will help, you should be able to search it on google. It will search for and return do follow blogs. The only thing is you have to double check them by looking at the source code, I find a percentage of the blogs listed are "no-follow".

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribe to Google Newsfeed and list every relevant keyword. You will see blogs, PR releases and articles - many that comments can be left with - and within your related topics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I search for blogs, I don't really look at whether it has a "nofollow" tag. the benefits of commenting on a blog is not just in acquiring backlinks but in creating a community with in bloggers as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    when I search for blogs, I don't really look at whether it has a "nofollow" tag. the benefits of commenting on a blog is not just in acquiring backlinks but in creating a community with in bloggers as well...
    Agreed and I do that as well. However, given the time limitations we all have, I prefer to get the interaction and the backlink, if possible

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I actually did my own research to (posted to the blog in my sig). The main problem I found with all the dofollow "search engines" and lists, is that they rely on someone actually manually compiling the lists. Too many of these blogs are still in the lists even when they are no longer nofollow. So, if you're looking for dofollow blogs, make sure you check for yourself that the links are indeed dofollow.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just search for relevant blog site where you can do comment posting.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_420 View Post
    There is a nifty tool called "dofollowdiver" that will help, you should be able to search it on google. It will search for and return do follow blogs. The only thing is you have to double check them by looking at the source code, I find a percentage of the blogs listed are "no-follow".
    I tried using that once, just about all of them are nofollow. I actually think it's a trick to just get webmasters to use their search box so you click their ads.

There are a few tricks, but I'm sure no one will tell them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has inspired me to never allow link following in my blog comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelvarWorld View Post
    Same here. The last thing I want is some dim wits who have nothing better to do with their time than searching for blogs they can comment on, posting their dribble on my site just so that they can get traffic back to their own site. If this was the purpose of having blog comments I'd remove the comments section entirely.

SitePoint Member indonesianetwork's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its interesting to know about dofollow/nofollow stuff. As a newbie this very helpful to me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have huge list of do-follow blogs categorized and ready for your SEO niche commenting. Oh yeah I forgot you have pay me one zillion ducats.

Seriously, the only way to really do comment marketing is to read the rules of the blog and post the proper answer to the topic of the blog. If they have option to leave your web site then use it. I suggest spending your time on learning something useful or making your products/content better.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the methods that I use is to search google with a term in the niche I'm looking and include "do follow" or "dofollow"

For example: gadgets "do follow"

Another search method to search google images with the niche keyword and the additional term of "u comment I follow" or "you comment I follow"

For example: home improvement "u comment I follow"

You can use different variations of this. Of course, I always use Firebug to make sure there is no rel=nofollow in anchor tags.

I've had good success with this and you may as well.

BTW... most of the blogs that I operate are do follow:
    www.abraxasweb.com/blog
    www.rocknrollview.com
    www.hdmusicvideosonline.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its better to search in forums to find list of do-follow blogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way I've found is to search on google or google blog search and manually check if they are do-follow or no-follow. The problem with these lists of do-follow blogs is that they very soon get heavily spammed. To my mind its a shame that so many webmaster and bloggers are being forced into useing no-follow to prevent the excessive spamming that goes on these days.
    Loft Conversions add extra room and living space to your home.

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just join a couple article marketing networks that auto-deliver articles to thousands of blog sites. Course, you will have to probably pay between $40 and $80 per month to be part of them, but it's worth it! Choose the right networks where the requirement within the blog network is that outgoing links are do-follow for blogs to be included in the distribution.

Once you get an article posted on those blogs, make a note of their url's and go back and make comments and new recommendations. It's not so hard...and ryanhellyer, it's not unethical either. It's just business. But, hey, if it's just a hobby or some contribution to society for you, enjoy. No need to bash the rest of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhellyer View Post
    Same here. The last thing I want is some dim wits who have nothing better to do with their time than searching for blogs they can comment on, posting their dribble on my site just so that they can get traffic back to their own site. If this was the purpose of having blog comments I'd remove the comments section entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelvarWorld View Post
    Hey, your blog, your choice. As a blog owner, I prefer to allow dofollow, have clear commenting policy and weed out the spammers. With Askimet sifting out 99% of them, it really isn't that difficult. Of course, it takes some time, but I feel it's worth it. And here's something I noticed - serious dofollow blogs that do this tend to have good quality in-depth discussions in the commenting section.

I saw a thread in DP the other day, where spammers were actually saying it's not worth their time posting on dofollow blogs because these blog owners are very strict and don't publish their comments. Broke my heart, of course

Quote Originally Posted by lerxtjr View Post
    Just join a couple article marketing networks that auto-deliver articles to thousands of blog sites. Course, you will have to probably pay between $40 and $80 per month to be part of them, but it's worth it! Choose the right networks where the requirement within the blog network is that outgoing links are do-follow for blogs to be included in the distribution.

Once you get an article posted on those blogs, make a note of their url's and go back and make comments and new recommendations. It's not so hard...and ryanhellyer, it's not unethical either. It's just business. But, hey, if it's just a hobby or some contribution to society for you, enjoy. No need to bash the rest of us.
    Could you please direct me to one of these networks? A PM would be good too - much appreciated
    Follow me on Twitter
    Steve Snedeker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lerxtjr View Post
    ...and ryanhellyer, it's not unethical either. It's just business.
    You and I have vastly different ethics then.

I hope all of you who are searching the web for blogs to spam fail in your quest to earn any money from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anat View Post
    I saw a thread in DP the other day, where spammers were actually saying it's not worth their time posting on dofollow blogs because these blog owners are very strict and don't publish their comments. Broke my heart, of course
    Awesome! Hopefully the scum will go find a more productive career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and I have vastly different ethics then.

I hope all of you who are searching the web for blogs to spam fail in your quest to earn any money from it.
    Awesome! Hopefully the scum will go find a more productive career.
    I hope you're not suggesting that looking for dofollow blogs equals spamming?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I do add comments on blogs regardless of SEO benefits, I would prefer to focus on blogs that dofollow (I dofollow on my own blogs - I really think it is part of the organic web structure and should remain that way - up to blog owners to check for spam and delete it).

Anyways, dofollow blogs seem to be few and far between. Dofollow directories have a very small number of sites listed. Any idea on how to find the dofollow blogs?
    Well, it is good to get link s from dofollow blgs by posting comment as you get some some link juice too.

For finding do-follow blogs I will suggest you to install no-follow addons of mozill firefox and when you go to any blog it tells you that the blog is dofollow or nofollow as it highlight if blog have nofollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you're not suggesting that looking for dofollow blogs equals spamming?
    I am suggesting that commenting on blogs purely for the purpose of getting back links is spamming.