User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need someone to teach me what e-commerce is

hello all,

I have a farm and piggery business and I want to sell my pigs. I have over 500 pigs and want to sell them quick coz I'm paying high for their upkeep.

Currently, I have a website that is under construction.

I've read a blog (just PM me for the link if you want to read it as well) that talks about the basics of SEO but I'm not really sure If I understood it correctly so I need the experts here to enlighten me on this.

the blog discusses some important points namely:

1.) Planning the Keywords carefully
    2.) Generate Keywords
    3.) Research Keywords

How do you get your rank improved in Google™ ? Is there an easy shortcut ?

Help me sell my pigs please

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also thinking of hiring live chat operators to handle order-taking and stuff. I need some experts to advise me on this.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirksmith888 View Post
    How do you get your rank improved in Google™ ? Is there an easy shortcut ?
    A lot of work and a lot of patience. It takes a long time to rank well for the right keywords because your site won't be the best result for the user for a long time. There are other sites with more content, more authority, more trust... and it's the search engine's job to deliver those better sites when someone makes a search.

The shortcut is to advertise. You pay to be one of the sponsored results along the right hand side of the search result page. You can be #1 without being the best site by being the guy that pays the most for each click.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirksmith888 View Post
    I'm also thinking of hiring live chat operators to handle order-taking and stuff. I need some experts to advise me on this.
    So you apparently are a pig farmer with a blog on e-commerce who moonlights as a call centre operator at night (http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...&postcount=308) and you need experts to advise you on something that you already do for a living?

I give you points for creativity as far as dropping your links go. The use of multiple free hosted domains and incredibly creative stories to cover your tracks shows that you're at least putting some effort into this unlike most spammers.

Too bad forum links are pretty much useless for SEO purposes.

If, by some miracle, you are legit then I put to you the following questions that you need to answer yourself that will illuminate your needs.

1) Who the hell buys pigs online?
    2) Do you honestly expect to get enough calls to justify hiring someone to sit around and answer a phone 24/7?