SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Use Wordpress

hello forumers,i have a question for all of you. i'm a new blogger on wordpress.now i use blogspot as my blog. i want to create dummy blog from wordpress. when i use it,i have many problems. i don't know to edit HTML like blogspot . can u give me a tips to do? all about trick and tips wordpress share on here for my learn.thank you
    Get Big secrets oF SEO in heredo it in your blog n see d result!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To edit HTML in Wordpress, you need to switch out of the visual tab.

On the Post > Add New webpage within Wordpress, above the post box on the right hand side there should be two tabs, Visual & HTML. Click on the HTML to edit the HTML.
    I'm Rhys Wynne & I blog at Winwar Media
    WP Email Capture: Free Email/Ebook Marketing Wordpress Plugin
    UK Based SEO? Tweet Your Location to #ukseohere!
    | My Brand New Brand | Twitter |

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Word press is simpler than any other blogging portal. you jus have log in and you will automatically come to know , what to do with word press. Go on. Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it very heavy for me.i can't use it. i don't know to add ALEXA META to Html like blogspot.the META posistion before </head>, when i want to search tag </head> on wordpress i can't find it. can you help me?
    Get Big secrets oF SEO in heredo it in your blog n see d result!!

SitePoint Enthusiast hullabaloo_bard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schatzjopie View Post
    hello forumers,i have a question for all of you. i'm a new blogger on wordpress.now i use blogspot as my blog. i want to create dummy blog from wordpress. when i use it,i have many problems. i don't know to edit HTML like blogspot . can u give me a tips to do? all about trick and tips wordpress share on here for my learn.thank you
    I think I know what is the exact problem that you are facing.

Can I know which type of WordPress that you are using - WordPress.com or WordPress.org?

Base on what you have said, I presume it is WordPress.com. If that is the case, you have to buy the upgrade pack first before you can edit the html file.

However, instead buy the upgrade, it is better if you use the wordpress.org and use the fund to buy your own domain name and hosting.

Buzz me if you need more help k?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with hullabaloo bard (cool name by the way)... you need to just host the wordpress yourself. I just started blogging last week (never blogged before), and wordpress is extremely simple to use. plugins, themes, all easy to install. Editing the pages are very easy also.

plus if you get a hosting company, check that they have the CPanel... Mine did, and it allows you to install wordpress through the CPanel / fantastico section. It took about 1 minute. LOL very easy.

well good luck.

SitePoint Enthusiast hullabaloo_bard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by medsb View Post
    i agree with hullabaloo bard (cool name by the way)... you need to just host the wordpress yourself. I just started blogging last week (never blogged before), and wordpress is extremely simple to use. plugins, themes, all easy to install. Editing the pages are very easy also.

plus if you get a hosting company, check that they have the CPanel... Mine did, and it allows you to install wordpress through the CPanel / fantastico section. It took about 1 minute. LOL very easy.

well good luck.
    Thanks for the compliment, Medsb

SitePoint Enthusiast Shane Is My Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol your welcome. btw, this is medsb, i had to start a new account because i needed a more personal screen name --> medsb made no sense. lol - when i initially joined up, i didnt realize this was going to be such a good forum. but this is actually one of the best i came across.

and i saved your blog as a favorite because I just started using wordpress, and u got some good info on there... actually a lot of people in this forum are extremely helpful.
    Im glad i found this place..
    Shane

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lot of people moving to wordpress nowadays..what I do not get is what is so special about it , though to me it feels it is more complicated.

Brazil, Minas Gerais. But i'm from Belgium.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farhaj View Post
    There are lot of people moving to wordpress nowadays..what I do not get is what is so special about it , though to me it feels it is more complicated.
    I'm using Textpattern for years .... no problems what so ever ... CMS, blog... easy as pie.

I've seen to many cry for help with WP ...
    SitePoint Guru
    Sitepoint - the ultimate Css well
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
    Sitepoint reference, your friend in need

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO use notepad ++ to make edits and then upload it to server to see changes if you do edits directly under wordpress theme editor dont forget to change the permissions to avoid malwares.
    SEO Articles & Link Directory
    Fast Approval SEO Links

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks..i learned lot of great tips to handle and work with wordpress

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you using wordpress.com or the one in fantastico? the one in my host gives me no problem, but that one in wordpress.com sometimes gets hard to navigate lol