SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My website displays properly in FF and Chrome but not IE

Visit my website http://ruddo.com in IE and then in either ff or chrome.

You will see that one of the main blocks is blank in IE and it has shifted to the bottom of the page. In FF/Chrome everything works properly. Any suggestions on fixing this?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    To be honest, globestar, I'm surprised Firefox is being so kind to this layout. It is a little hard to follow, but the table is way too wide for its container.

for example, #first-section is only half the width it need to be. I would recommend rethinking some aspects of this layout to make the structure a little more straight-forward. I know that's not good news, and I don't mean it as a put-down, but it should be pretty easy to arrange these blocks of information in a logical order.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    To be honest, globestar, I'm surprised Firefox is being so kind to this layout. It is a little hard to follow, but the table is way too wide for its container.

for example, #first-section is only half the width it need to be. I would recommend rethinking some aspects of this layout to make the structure a little more straight-forward. I know that's not good news, and I don't mean it as a put-down, but it should be pretty easy to arrange these blocks of information in a logical order.
    I don't know much CSS but you suggestions helped. I converted the site to a 2 column design

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    That certainly looks a lot neater. Has it helped with the IE problems?