User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rageh View Post
    She is reportedly happy with her new husband. We can only go by what the article says. The girl was not married off. She made a deliberate decision of marrying him. You are entitled to your opinion but keep in mind that It was the girl's choice. Got it? You cannot take away somebody's choice. Can you?
    of course i can and would if that was my teenage daughter wheres her parents in all this, regardless of it being fact or fiction the pure idea of it alone is enough to repulse me and i still think its sick regardless of her being "happy" ugh it makes my skin crawl and truth be told any other woman would say the same

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    of course i can and would if that was my teenage daughter wheres her parents in all this, regardless of it being fact or fiction the pure idea of it alone is enough to repulse me and i still think its sick regardless of her being "happy" ugh it makes my skin crawl and truth be told any other woman would say the same
    Do you know anything about Somalia? Or life in the most poverty-stricken countries on our planet? You are judging these people by YOUR Western standards.

And yes, I am a woman. But I also am someone who knows what life is like in those countries.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
    Do you know anything about Somalia? Or life in the most poverty-stricken countries on our planet? You are judging these people by YOUR Western standards.

And yes, I am a woman. But I also am someone who knows what life is like in those countries.
    um, yeah of course i do and how do u know im originally from this side of the world, arent u just judging me now?

either way, no kid wants to marry an old wrinkly codger that is old enough to be her great grandfather no matter where in the world they are here, there or anywhere - fullstop

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    um, yeah of course i do and how do u know im originally from this side of the world, arent u just judging me now?
    No you don't and yes you are.

I know nothing about those cultures too, but I'm a very open minded person. And every time I see or hear something as "shocking" to our culture as this, I consider I've learned something new about the culture, say "good for them" and move on.

I can only imagine how shocked would be a person from a different culture, at certain things in ours.

Don't judge and you won't be judged, as they say. Remember that you think in terms of your society, and they think in terms of theirs. What's normal there, is not normal here and vice versa. If you're shocked just swallow it, the worst thing to do is to show disrespect - wars are started over this!

BTW, it looks like this topic is going past the line of the forbidden topics on SP, isn't it?
    Saul

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it has gone past the line or not... but surely it is becoming a bit over heated so I am closing the thread. I don't want you to kill yourselves just because of some crazy news