SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Table error/repair question

So I have a particular table that keeps crashing. It gives the good ol' error message: "Table is Marked as Crashed and Should be Repaired". Besides using a query 'REPAIR TABLE xxxx' what are my options? This is happening almost daily.

Would any of the following help? (I ask before doing because of the amount of people using it at any given moment)

- Recreate the particular table from scratch?
    - Change it from MyISAM to Innod?

Is there a way to detect this and repair before users see that error message (or error 134)?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you should do is identify the cause of the crashes, not just come up with better ways to deal with it after it happens. Very few things can cause crashed tables -- a bad hard drive, bad memory, or the MySQL server itself crashing while running. All these circumstances can be checked -- run a disk check, run a memory test, and check MySQL's log to see if it's been restarting after crashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems servers side. I'm working sessions table that stores the session id as a hash and has a timestamp with user data in it. Just not sure how this can occur.