SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard Another Designer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or is it everyone?

I am trying to do an acquaintance from town a favor. For practically nothing ($500 to be exact) I am designing a corporate logo, a brochure and small website for their new company. I figure I can help out someone and get a good networking reference in return. Okay, I finished the corporate logo and they love it. I did the brochure half way and one of the partners had it completed by the guy at the print shop!! I asked why, and if she did not like what I did. She assured me that she liked what I did yadayadayada.
    I go a $300 check and we agreed I would get the remainder $200 when the small website was done.

Now it's like pulling teeth. I hardly hear back from them. It's as if they lost all interest in this "new company" they are starting!!! I have them a web page which they requested and they said they have to figure out what they want to do with it. It's as if they are just forgetting about the project!

I asked one of them if they are unhappy with what I did and they said they were happy. I don't get it.

Is this the way people are in the business world? IT'S PATHETIC!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Designer View Post
    I asked one of them if they are unhappy with what I did and they said they were happy.
    Did you ask for the oustanding balance that you all agreed on?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the reasons I don't freelance lately. It definitely doesn't describe every client, however when dealing with individuals and small startups it happens all too often.