User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Young Entrepreneurs Making Money Online - retireat21.com

Hey Guys,

I own a site called retireat21.com which helps young entrepreneurs to make money online. We have loads of great content and options but realy want some good advice to bring it to the next level.

Please Advice...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site overall is designed very nicely. The only thing I didnt like was the color choice for the top menu. It was a little too hard to read, but still readable.

I was pretty upset with the content though. Not that it was bad, but not what I was expecting from your description/domain name. I was expecting more of a "how to make money online", "how young entrepreneurs can succeed" stuff, not really html, css tutorials. But thats fine too.

Good luck with everything

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site itself is great, however, i would recommend changing the hover color for the menu on top to a lighter color (shade of orange or white) as it would appear better on top of the dark background.

The bottom image (right corner) did not load for me. checked with 3 different browsers, so you might want to check that out.

Great idea!
    TheNewsFeeds.com - Feed your RSS Needs
    IPThing.com - Make longggggg URLs short!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Firefox 2, 1280x1024]

First impression: I like it. Doesn't make me want to leave immediately. Green is a hard color to pull off but it looks good. Good use of images and a nice, clean layout. My only complaint is that the menu links seem to kind of blend in to the page, not drawing any attention to them. If it were me, I would make the default color the same as your hover color.

Looking around some it seems like you have a fair amount of good information on our site - definitely good. However, the footer seems to have some errors - at least in my browser. Some weird positioning.
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Footer was a error by my programmer when adding new settings to the site. Thanks for feedback will act on it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats been fixxed, still in need of advice.

Founder of Primal Skill Ltd. feketegy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well isn't this a coincidence?

Check out www.retiredat21.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own both websites ...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, very good.

Seems to fulfil it's purpose and I have no real criticisms. The navigation is a bit bleak on the left.. Bigger heading and roll-over CSS background colours perhaps?

I'm always impressed by a good logo, and I think you could re-do the header. The font's a bit dull and it doesn't make an impact for me.

Anyway, well done.

Founder of Primal Skill Ltd. feketegy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutGroup View Post
    I own both websites ...
    And why did you make to different sites on the same theme? Why did you linked the two URL's to the same site?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there going to expand into 2 different things.

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offtopic: Just out of curiosity, if you retire at 21, what will you do with your life?
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your website is wonderful, but there are some a small problems.

1. The color of website seems don't match

2. Your site have samll slow,I don't know what hosting you select, I think these hostiing such as pair.com, www.webhost4life.com and www.dailyrazor.com is very good!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live life to the full (Y) most likely start a new business :P Entrepreneur for life they say.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the previous version of pixel2life.com ...
    anyone seen my website link?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly any of the images loaded, got bored waiting so closed the window.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha your quote is classic:

"I remember being out on the patio at just 6 years old, the adults were asking the children, "what would you like to do when your older" and unlike my brother who said he wanted to be a mum, i said..."

Made me laugh mate .

Overall the site looks good, nice color blending, easy to the eye.

A couple of things I noticed:

1. Your newsletter signup: put the Email and Name labels inside the box... and hide them on focus using javascript... that way they wont stick out to the left of the inputs. It will look a lot better

2. I am not sure if your floating effect for the inner content box and that quote box is very nice...maybe thats just my opinion

3. Make the top nav stand out a bit, with hover buttons maybe

SitePoint Enthusiast Paintingblack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take this in any offense, but it looks to me like you got a professional for the design, and then just slapped some content together and threw it online. The site looks very professional, on the outside. On the inside you're missing the most basic of things like grammer (spelling joke, ignore it), punctuation etc. I really hate how you never use capitals when you should and "I" isn't spelt "i". You miss out on things like using question marks too!

The navigation bar's text (on the top) is too dark aswell.

Your forum members seem to not have a clue about what they're doing, once again no offense, and I only see a handful of them that are even very good. I understand it's a learning site, but really...

The professional design + Mediocre (Again, no offense) content really is what set me off.
    PaintingBlack.com - Quality Articles and Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad at all. A confident, clean website.

Just one big issue: SPELLING. There are too many mistakes. Now I know you don't have to know how to spell to be rich, but it makes your site easier to read.

More than once I was enjoying the content when the flow was interrupted trying to figure out what you meant to type. Then I had to start from the beginning of the paragraph/sentence again.

However, this is easy to solve. Get your mates/relatives to read it and write down what you need to change.

Getting back to the content - I liked it. Very informative.

Finally, congratulations on being rich at your age. A fine achievement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few things:

After looking at your site. It takes me a few moments to realise that I'm suppose to retire at 21 through creating and monetizing web sites. I think a tag line or a clear description would help with that.

I am a fan of justifying text in a paragraph. It looks less jagged and even, IMHO.

A lot of broken images on: http://www.retireat21.com/make_your_site_sticky/

Your About Michael page needs needs a lot of grammatical work.

Your image next to the address in the address bar matches nothing about your site.

I like your site though alot. Has huge potenial.

Troy
    Gunwallet.com- Digitally backup vital gun information.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site overall. Need some improvements... Maybe you should consider outsourcing some of the work:

1) Get a designer to do your logo

2) Get all you content proofread. Very important, you lose a lot of credibility with gramatical/spelling error, especially when there are so many. There is something wrong in almost every sentence...

Good luck with your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I like the premise of the site and the design. A few things I had issues with:

I would make the "Login | Register" a bit more visible by changing the color from green to something that stands out from the rest of the page and put it in a better location (maybe to the left or right instead of centered.)

As stated before, the grammar is an important part of how surfers will perceive your site. Make a habit of separating instant messaging time and website updating time. I say this because I used to try to do both at once and my sites would end up with some lowercase "i's" and even some "u's" (terrible!). Just practice.

The advertisement on the left navigation bar is creating a huge whitespace at the bottom of the page. I would move that to

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and clean. My only suggestion would be to change the font color for your menu bar (Home, Forum, Making Money, etc.) from green to white. The green looks a little too dark for the grey background.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, nice site. One gripe is that there are far too many links on the left hand side. This is nice when you are an online store or something, offering many types of products and categories, but when you have a site offering information, in my opinion it should be condensed a bit to eliminate the spammy look of tons of text. This is just a personal observation though.

Nice work on the site!