SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: WordPress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WordPress

I have WordPress and BBPress pretty much sync'ed up. But my question applies to any plug in that requires cooperation with WordPress. I want to have it work a special way and this special way requires a very minor adjustment. At the end of the blog, where users can post thier own comments, I am going to have the sync designed such that if users make posts in the corresponding sync'ed forum, those replies will appear in the blog as comments.

The special adaption is this. I want the fields were the user can post comments onthe blog to be hidden. Instead, I just want a link to the forum (where the user will have to log on and register before he makes his post) and he will see corresponding forum entry that matches the blog and the comments there.

How can I do these two modifications?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to configure my WordPress blog. I mean remove the comment input fields on the blog post. The comments themselves will be inputted by another means through a joined forum database. How do I remove the comment input fields? I am told it has to do with opening the single.php file in a text editor. Is that right?