SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I litte confused with the theme structure

Hi,

I’m currently trying to learn themes in wordpress and I’m little confused as to where to put my content and where to close my tags, since some files start in the header.php and end in the footer.php.

Is there an easy way to understand this concept?

Can someone be so kind and explain this a little bit?

Do you guys know of any themes that use the minimum code, a very simple theme that I can use to practice?

I’m currently using Starkers but these have a lot more code than what I need or understand.

Thanks
    Thank you very much!!!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really up to you. You can open tags in the header and close them in the footer. It's you who will write the main theme files (index/archive/page/post/category) that include header and footer after all, so you have control over the order things happen. WordPress doesn't dictate it.

All you HAVE to include is the two or three lines to create "The Loop" within the body of the page (get_posts(), while have_posts(), etc). Everything else is completely up to the discretion of the theme designer, you.

The two themes that come with WordPress have examples of virtually everything you would want to include in a theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot!
    Thank you very much!!!