How to remove svn ignore

I ran this command on my local machine, and accidentally set my whole working copy to “ignore.” I was trying to set the property on the “var” folder.

svn propset svn:ignore -R var .

Doesn’t seem to be an “undo” :rolleyes: - any idea how to remove the property en masse?

Best bet would be:

1. Roll back a revision.
  2. Copy your changes in.
  3. Commit that.

Or at least that is what I usually do when I screw up the whole repository :).

svn propdel svn:ignore -R
Think that should do the trick.

That will remove all ignores–what if he had some he wanted?

Better to add some svn:ignores manually (which he can easily get by looking at his history) than removing all unneeded manually.
And hey, how many ignores do you normally have in a project? 10? 20? Compared to ignores on all files, e.g. in a Zend project…uh…thousands of ignores to remove…

Can you not just propdel svn:ignore? I don’t use svn from the command line very often (using TortoiseSVN most of the time).

As in:

svn propdel svn:ignore . # For directory 
svn prodel svn:ignore -R # For recursive

You would lose any previous svn:ignore patterns you had before, though.

Depends on the project. For .NET stuff, you are looking at alot as there are many compiler managed folders, etc. If he has been checking in frequently, the manually merging the changes back in could be alot easier than figuring out what he ignored.

svn propedit svn:ignore .

This will open up the default command line text editor. I use pico. Delete the ignore entries. Save it and commit.