User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem installing WampServer

Hi all,
    I'm trying to install WampServer 2.0i from http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php. (very brand new to this all)
    Just at the end of the installation process I get: ""The procedure entry point php_set_error_handling could not be located in the dynamic link library php5ts.dll." "
    What is happening here and, I guess more importantly, can it be fixed or should I look at something else?

thank you for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have IIS running? I know that you can't have both running at the same time, I don't recall whether IIS should be turned off during the install. But if you do have it running, try disabling IIS before doing the WAMP install.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the quick response.
    Yes, I do have IIS running.
    Originally I tried the download from http://www.php.net/ but couldn't get that to work. There is a setting allowing me to choose " IIS ISAPI Module" which I did. The rest of that installation process went well. I just couldn't get a php file to work, to process a form.
    Since that one didn't work, and after reading a couple threads here, I choose the Wamp application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably the issue there. Uninstall the PHP you've already done. WAMP will install it during it's installation process. Turn off IIS and then re-install WAMP.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I've turned off IIS, uninstalled PHP and reinstalled WAMP. OK on all of that, I think.
    I've got some files that I'd like to see if they work. (Here are the stupid questions, I think.) I expected that opening them and pressing "submit" whatever to initiate the action would make the script work. (I don't know if I'm even using the right words.)
    For IIS I had to be in localhost. Is there a comparable location to have php files so they are operable?
    What piece(s) of information and knowledge am I missing?
    thanks for your patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same, use localhost, just make sure the files are in the correct directory. the default I think, is C:\wamp\www.