SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to build a ERP

I want to build an excellent ERP solution, but I have very little idea how this should work and what features it should have and how to organize it better.
    Understand me correctely - I'm and experienced web-developer, I developed a number of complex websites, intranet systems, complex JS interfaces etc.
    But now I want to build my very own product. Sure, I understand, I should study other products, read books on this etc. But where to start? I know what ERP is, but how they are built? What are main features, how to organize it in the flexible and configurable way?

Maybe there are books/articles etc on how to build such systems?

Thanks beforehand for the answers!
    IQ RIA - Delivering smart web-applications
    High-quality PHP, Yii, Ruby on Rails, ExtJS, Backbone, EmberJS and jQuery consulting.
    Dashboards, HTML5 and CRM development.
    Request a quote now!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Cups's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This sounds like the kind of thing you would find on sourceforge.net (though I have not searched on the term ERP before).

You can filter the results to show only those solutions built using PHP if you want, though you might learn from any of the projects hosted there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to proceed would be studying existing code from any open source project. And of course improving development skills, even if you're an experienced developer - you'll need to do solve problems much faster when building an ERP. These sites can help you:

http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/
    http://www.codinghorror.com/