User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonheart85 View Post
    I go to the forum of my niche and see what people are saying on forum and then try to find my next blog article topic.
    That is one of the reasons I am on this forum - looking for topics of interest.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....I post subject related to my website. A blog with information about your subject including photographs will create more traffic to your blog. As one of our friends said it is better to take current topics for posting.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    I subscribed in Google Alerts... depending on the niche of the blog that I have or am maintaining, Google Alerts are sending me stuffs like news and what is new and happening with the niche that I have... for example, my blog is about sports, with Google alerts I get all the alerts that are new and are only about sports..
    Good option. google alerts are really great to cope with. Another way to get idea is to subscribe to top bloggers of related niche. You can get lots of topics to write.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out the hard way it's difficult to find topics for niches with low demand.

I am working on a niche with high demand and it's easy to find topics such as from forums and word tracker. As for google alerts, it gives me more than enough content that I can type LOL

You folks have a nice day full of ideas.

SitePoint Enthusiast hullabaloo_bard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way is through the TweetDeck application.

You can use the search keyword function which will show the tweets that have the keyword that you decide to use ( keyword that related most with your niche).

Through this, you can easily know the latest trend of your niche and you can make post on the problem that most of people face by observing their tweets.

Hope this will help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to find it sometimes difficult to figure out what to blog about because I am in a niche area. I subscribe to Google Alerts but I use it to see when my name, company, blog and so on come up. Many people use Google Trends, but I have never seen a topic that I remotely want to write about.

Sometimes when I read blog posts my idea machine starts to spin and I am able to come up with a post. I usually start off the post letting my reader know where the idea came from and also have a direct link to the post that gave me the idea.

About six weeks ago Michael Martine, an A-List blogger suggested that every blog should have a cornerstone product, which they would sell on their blog. The cornerstone product would more than likely be an ebook. He suggested that if you created a cornerstone product, you would never be at a lost for blogging topics. Before I read his suggestion I had created some products to sell on my blog, but I did not know they were called cornerstone products, and having gone through the process of creating the products I have generated many blog posts.

I would like to share another tip I received last week which I am implementing. Another A-List blogger suggested that every blog should have a Best Of, where all your best posts should be in that category. This Best Of category would have post that were longer than the usual posts. Suggestions include: how to posts, definition posts and list posts. I am currently working on my definition post and writing it is bringing more clarity to me because of my niche.

I hope that you find some of these ideas helpful. As I am winding up my response I also remember that people have used the website trendhunter to get ideas. Avil Beckford

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really consider the search volume which people searching often. Becos that highly searching topics only lead us to get more traffic to our blog.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I disagree that blogs should have a cornerstone product, once you start doing that it turns from a genuine interest blog into a marketing blog where you spend your time trying to get people to buy it (reducing the overall quality of the content). The focus of a blog should never be something else, the whole reason for having a blog is to write meaningful content on it, not use it as a spamming platform. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding his point of view but I just can't see it being a good idea

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I read a great blog post today from Chris Brogan "How to Think Of Blog Posts" http://www.chrisbrogan.com/how-to-think-of-blog-posts/. I found it interesting. Avil

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I search for topics through daily happenings. I would select a topic that has more hits. Such type of topic also influence our site ranking. Usually current events are become my subjects. Thanks.