User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you find topic to blog about?

Everyone have their way to find a topic to blog about. For me, I try to relate what's currently going on the real world to my blog topic.

What about you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current topics are always good but that will have tough competition as major networks, tabloids and bloggers hit that topic pretty hard. Consider topics that are unique to yourself (hobbies, work, travel, other expertise). The more unique but useful information with a personal tough, the more likely to get readers. Check out sites like Digg to see what has interest, it may spark an idea. Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with sdlifecycle. It should be something unique. Usually it just pops out from what you have experienced in a day or something really weird you've encountered. Stuffs like that. The topic doesn't necessarily need to be mainstream, it should be unique and something "new" or "intriguing" to your readers.

SitePoint Enthusiast CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose the topic I was best at and had a passion for. It's important to choose a niche that you have or want to have experience in, and that you generally enjoy talking/writing about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often use current issues, but the problem is (I don't know about you, but) I'm always late when it comes to staying on top of current issues. I swear, I need to subscribe to the AP news wire and watch it all day. I don't figure out what's hot and current until it's trending on Twitter for the second day. Then I'm like...Captain Lou just died...?

Meanwhile, all the bloggers and Videocasters at Youtube have been covering it for days.

I think I'd make a poor superhero. Police scanner or no, by the time I got there, ol' Spidey's got the place cleaned up. :/

So now I just stick to how-tos, mostly in my fields of business (music, development, entrepreneur-ship ... areas that I'm more ahead-in, more-often). Works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find something your passionate about and it won't be difficult, don't blog if you have nothing to say.

However, create lists/resources/tips e.t.c about different subjects that are relevant to your site.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't talk about things you have no idea about, be unique (perhaps niche), be interesting and as long as you're passionate about it, you should be fine

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogging on regular basis about a specific niche is really a difficult task. Sometimes it seems that everything is available on Internet, now nothing is remain to share. In that case, you may sit calm and think about a new topic and start writing about that. Go thru the below mentioned article which will boost your blogging nature.
    10 Psychological Hurdles In Becoming A Successful Blogger

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deakaz View Post
    Find something your passionate about and it won't be difficult, don't blog if you have nothing to say.

However, create lists/resources/tips e.t.c about different subjects that are relevant to your site.
    Very agree..
    From my experience, I was blog on hpk niche that I don't know much about it and it's just wasting my time actually. Now I'm really enjoy blogging on niche that same with my jobs now.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me I will try a topic that will gives me more interest rather than current events or popular topics. For example we know SEO is one of the popular topics in blogs today but instead of making SEO a topic of my blog I will go to gadgets and technology blogs because I do love gadgets since when I was young.
    Easy Website Builder | Building Website Fast and Easy
    Hevla Coffee Co. | Low Acid Coffee and Accessories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regularly i read others blog and i will find idea to write something

SitePoint Enthusiast Stephen Clark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always write on my hobby i like it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's about general blog, I usually search for the hottest topic using google trend and then write about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to the forum of my niche and see what people are saying on forum and then try to find my next blog article topic.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh and new topics are the best. But its not really that easy to think about one. You could always try butting in on discussions and learn what might interest people and try reading other articles as well and maybe it would get you to write something like a contradicting article to an article that you find a you do not agree about. =)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a diary, then daily life is always good.
    but try to have a theme for your blog.
    Restaurants you've been to, movies you've seen, books you've read. Self help, religion, science. Any one topic will help you to focus on something so that you can pull a blog out of any experience with it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several topics to blog about, the social media is a huge topic to blog about, you can also write posts about blogging itself.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it all goes by your interest.I make my choice of blogging by looking for interesting and informative topics

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can share little information also on how to improve your online store!!

send me email and I will share to it to you guys..

Best Regard,

Samantha

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can share little information also on how to improve your online store!!

send me email and I will share to it to you guys..

Best Regard,

Samantha

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    What I have noticed is that the blogs where I talk about a personal experience and what I learned form it and practical how-tos get retweets.

Avil Beckford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I subscribed in Google Alerts... depending on the niche of the blog that I have or am maintaining, Google Alerts are sending me stuffs like news and what is new and happening with the niche that I have... for example, my blog is about sports, with Google alerts I get all the alerts that are new and are only about sports..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just searching on google which Topic better for us and also which has Good Niches so it depend on yours,which topic would be best for us???

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chose a topics that are related to your niche and keywords

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well honestly , its too difficult for me to choose new topics for my personal Blog, And i just like to Update my Blog Once in a week or sometime if i get good topic to write about i make two posts and its enough for me ... To choose new topic for my blog i mostly Search newly updated blogs relevant to my blogs niche in google blog search And then i choose one best topic from them to write new article. maybe its some kind of cheating but i do it and yeah i write unique content on the same topic don't copy content from that blog where i get good idea to write about