User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exception c0000025 on a W2k client

hi all.

From a W2k client, I attempt to log into a MySQL database on a WXP server using a delphi genned appy, with a root user/codeword. This results in a c0000025 exception (per Drwatson log). The exception c0000025 is dealt with at the following website:
    http://dzolee.blogspot.com/2007/10/e...000025-in.html
    which refered me to the following website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    from which I downlaoded the WindowsXP-KB975337-x86-ENU.exe and ran it, installing the results in a folder GDI+ on my desk-top.

Having 'installed' the GDI+ and tried running the appy, I get the same results.

I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone know anything about the exception c0000025 and how to fix it on a W2k box?

2) If the Win...ENU.exe should nuke the problem, perhaps I should have installed the files and folders in another directory (say Windows or Programs or such like)?

3) If so, where should they be installed?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems c0000025 is not a valid windows server error number.

Searching on c0000025 and windows server leads to results that all include one common element: delphi.

So, you might want to check some of the delphi developer boards.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Plumsauce,

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

If it makes any difference, I do not use a ms server, I use a XP box which serves as a 'server' and the 'client' is a w2k box. The exception possibly refers to a more generic ms type error. I do however take the point about delphi and am making enquiries along those lines, as well.

Again, thanks,

john.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That particular combination of compiler and error seems to have hung around since at least 2005. Usually you can find the cause of an error just by searching on the code. In this case it was all delphi. There was one mention of dephi remapping the error codes. That is a problem because then there is no way back to the windows error code. The best thing you can do at that point is look at the drwatson logs.

Try updating the runtime library. That is what is implied by the exception starting with !RtL...

You would need the runtime libary version that the app generator and compiler depend on. The runtime environment is not being checked adequately on startup of the app. You might also look at the database drivers.