User Tag List

Hybrid View

Community Advisor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

logo/page name best practice...

For logos on a site I used to do an image replace on a header tag and lately I have started to use AP to place a SPAN or an IMG over the text name of the site. It's a bit of work, but this way the page always has an identifier within it, even with images and styles off.

But viewing the source on a few sites sites, i have noticed that logos are seldom put on any sort of header tag; fewer still have any text underneath or even the slightest bit of intricacy.

I was curious what members of the forum thought the best technique was for displaying a website logo/ site name, for overall accessibility and function. Do you consider how it will display with images off? Styles off? Or is the identification of the site just not important when it comes to accessibility?

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Accessibility is a huge part of web design and lacking it on government sites is actually illegal! A perfect image replacement technique will soon be let out (see the CSS quiz at the top of the forum), but for now I like using this one. I basically just use that .

The sites you viewed before probably did not care about accessibility or anything of that nature.

I take accessibility seriously because without it sites will lose traffic. And it's just good manners tbh. It's not that much work is needed anyway .

Hope that helps a bit.
    Always looking for web design/development work. Willing to do it cheap to build portfolio!

Community Advisor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ryan,

thanks for chiming in.
    Thats the one I often use. ( also, it is the one used in this forum).

I was just doubting myself because i like looking at the source code in the sites I visit to try and learn how others code. and I noticed i was running into a lot of <div id="logo"></div>... so i just wondered

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's poor coding practice to begin with . You're fine.
    Always looking for web design/development work. Willing to do it cheap to build portfolio!