User Tag List

Thread: Syntax Errors

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syntax Errors

Its my first attempt to install PHP and Apache into a staging area on my Win XP machine for local development of web sites. My reference was Kevin Yank's Sitepoint video tutorial on "Setting up PHP for Windows with Apache or IIS".
    After installing PHP on a secondary hard drive and then Apache on the same
    drive, I received this error message when restarting Apache:

"httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 127 of e:/Apache_group/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load E:/php/php5apache2.dll into server. The specified module could not be found."

Likewise after following the directions from Kevin Yank's video tutorial on "Setting up MySQL5 for PHP in Windows", I ended up with a syntax error: "Error 1064 <4200>: You have an error in your SQL syntax: check the manual that corresponds to your my SQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE user="root"' at line 1"

Could the syntax be that different in the slightly newer versions of both
    applications? Any suggestions?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are trying to run some mysql commands (queries) on older version of MySQL, then you may get this error. However, you should check that your syntax is REALLY CORRECT. Did you test it on another installation?
    Daniel, Helpdesk Leader
    Hosting24.com Web Hosting - First class web hosting services.
    Reseller Hosting - Provide unlimited disk space and bandwidth

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed SQL 5.1 and Apache 2.2 but have not tested them on another server. I only did the basic setup configurations for the install and when I started each I got the syntax errors in the command lines. I haven't even done an actual query other than the attempt to get started.
    (My experience is limited to client-side work and using remote hosts. so I'm a noob to server-side stuff.)