User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Some Questions - Please Clarify

Hi,

I have a few questions. Please clarify to me.

1. What is Web 2.0?
    2. What is the advantage of XHTML to compare HTML?

I referred a lot of sites in these questions i got answers but i didn't catch the point. So I need briefly in these questions. Please help me.
    Cheers,
    Dinesh

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Web 2.0 is a generic buzzword signifying the evolution from static HTML pages to AJAX rich interactive media, it's sometimes attributed to a method of styling a page (glass effects, shiny surfaces, reflections, "bubble text", etc.) though that's more of something which became attributed to it due to an unfortunate load of trends appearing at the same time as the buzzword became created, though the majority of this was just coincidence wrongly associated to the term by people.

XHTML doesn't really have many advantages over HTML, it's not an evolution of the language... if you like strict rules which make you code properly or it'll error out you might like XHTML and if you need XML related injection into your site it could be useful, generally though there's no real reason for most people to use XHTML over HTML, more importantly XHTML doesn't work properly in IE and XHTML 2.0 was abandoned in favour of HTML5 meaning the language is "technically" deceased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Web 2.0 is a generic buzzword signifying the evolution from static HTML pages to AJAX rich interactive media, it's sometimes attributed to a method of styling a page (glass effects, shiny surfaces, reflections, "bubble text", etc.) though that's more of something which became attributed to it due to an unfortunate load of trends appearing at the same time as the buzzword became created, though the majority of this was just coincidence wrongly associated to the term by people.

XHTML doesn't really have many advantages over HTML, it's not an evolution of the language... if you like strict rules which make you code properly or it'll error out you might like XHTML and if you need XML related injection into your site it could be useful, generally though there's no real reason for most people to use XHTML over HTML, more importantly XHTML doesn't work properly in IE and XHTML 2.0 was abandoned in favour of HTML5 meaning the language is "technically" deceased.
    what is the exact relation of XML with XHTML?
    Any example u have xml related injection into XHTML site?
    Cheers,
    Dinesh

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basically, XHTML is a formation of XML... an example of using XML environments within XHTML could be DocBook (for more information see Google).