SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Unauthorized Web Theologian emmzee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Photoshop & where?

Awhile back I purchased Photoshop Elements 6 to replace my old and totally legit Photoshop 6.0. Now I'm thinking I really need the full CS version ... but really can't afford to pay $800 or so for it O_o

So I was thinking of getting CS3 and using that, figuring I can always upgrade if I decide I need CS4. But I can't find CS3 for sale in any of the normal reputable stores I've checked, but I can find some supposedly legit copies on eBay from sellers with decent feedback.

So my two questions are ...
    - Is there any major reason why I'd definitely want CS4 instead of CS3 (keeping in mind I use it mainly for doing web design/graphics and non-professional photo editing)
    and
    - Where would you suggest that I purchase CS3? (I want a legit version of course)

Thanks!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photoshop in CS4 isn't a huge upgrade (like Flash in CS4 is). So CS3 is probably good enough for you. You can find good places to buy CS3 at pricegrabber . com. You can get it at eBay . com also, just be careful to review the buyer's reputation and what license you're buying.

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are a current student anywhere, you can get a few hundred dollars off through some retailers, or through your school.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    emmzee, have you checked amazon? they generally have a "used and new" section which let's you buy items from resellers who perhaps have old stock (or a second hand copy), the reason you can't generally buy CS3 at retail is simply because no-one usually buys an outdated piece of software, it isn't financially worthwhile for retailers to keep a backlog of old stock for the minority of people who want to purchase it. I would just go with Photoshop elements if you can't afford CS4.