SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Server is hacked

I just found out my server is hacked and they got all my source code and the database. They even host their own domain with my code with my own logo.

What should I do? Any gov agency that i can report this to? What i should do any suggestions i am totally lost right now.

thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should send them dmca notice , and also contact there web host to ban the contents
    I think they will remove your contents, anyways this is not hacking but copyright violation
    do post your experience
    best web hosting
    all you need to know about web hosting.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You "could" send a DCMA takedown in respect to the content and logo however it wouldn't prevent them trying again, there isn't a government agency you can report it too because the effort and money you would need to follow up a lawsuit just wouldn't be worth it (unless their costing you serious money). Basically if your site has been compromised, change your password, check for injection points or malcicious code, though if they just copied stuff from your site, it's not being "hacked", hacking requires unauthorized access, copying stuff is just copyright theft.