SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Calendar XTHML invalid

Unfortunately the group I making a website for uses google calendar. I was hoping to program my own calendar, but I was told there was no mysql database access.

So now I'm stuck with google calendar, and either it's invalid or it won't work in Trident, and and doesn't respect the width and height I give it in WebKit.

This is what I'm using:
    Code:
    <object data="http://google.com/calendar/embed?height=507&amp;width=1050&ampwkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%23ffffff&amp;src=mygmailaccount&amp;color=%23a32929&amp;ctz=America%2FNew_York" style="border-width: 0; width: 1050px; height: 507px;" width="1050" height="507" type=text/html"/>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's looks like the height and width are defined twice--once in the data attribute, and once in the style attribute--and the values don't match. I think Google provides an interface that lets you customize the embedded calendar before you copy the embed code. If you set the height and width there, you won't need to over-ride it with CSS.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're missing the REFC delimiter (';') between the second and the third query parameter. You've got,
    Code:
    ...width=1050&ampwkst=1...
    It should be
    Code:
    ...width=1050&amp;wkst=1...
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane