SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WEBPOSITION GOLD. does it work anymore??

Hi..

i would like to know if using Webposition Gold still works in promoting a website. i run www.epublishingkit.com & need to know if Webposition gold is still a powerful tool in mktg a website on my own.

I also read articles that Doorway pages will cause a site to get banned if used for a website.

I would like to know if by using Webposition gold, there is a chance my site will get banned by the search engines?

Anyone had any success using Webposition gold? Tell me your success & your failure. If you experience any. thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy~

I used WebPosition Gold extensively about two years ago, and the site that I used it for still gets about 1,300 hits a week. We created several doorway pages, and I know that they generated traffic, but I don't know about whether search engines banned them.

Personally, I would think that if the doorway pages are lacking any valuable content, then they aren't going to be effective in any capacity. WPG only generates very basic doorway pages, and you absolutely must add some good content to them!

The long and short of it : My experience has shown that WPG works well for generating traffic and positioning but you have to be diligent and keep up with it. The reports will also give you a ton of useful information!

Best of Luck!

Nicole Rhoads
    At First Site Design
    www.atfirstsitedesign.com

You wanna' peice o' me! Automated's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally i would never use any form of search engine susbmission or ranking software. If you are that concerened with a good ranking. Do it by hand,

Although it is nice to see people saying that they have had good results.

Matthew Taylor
    FreelanceForums.com - Do you Freelance ?
    Visit the Freelance Forums and participate in all areas of Freelance Chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not use those programs, they are a waste of money and time, in my opinion. You will be most successful if you do it the "old-fashioned" way and submit your site to search engines by hand as well as building up links to your site through marketing efforts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Link popularity is becoming very important ranking criterion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link popularity is the most important factor now in Search rankings. Web Position gold and such programs are not as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While WPG isn't what it once was, I do think the page critic feature can still be useful. It makes a nice density analyzer. If you use it for that, establish your own values through observation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link popularity is the most important factor now in Search rankings

Are you sure? Would you bet your livlihood on it? If so, what would be the point of trying to bid for clicks on a PPC engine? Why not just bid for links?

I don't mean to sound facitious but riddle me this.

How can a number 1 site have fewer links than a number two site and your statement be correct?

Is it possible, the "right" link from the "right" place saying the "right" thing for the "right" keyword is the most important factor now in search rankings,may be a truer statement? If so, that would make it a little more complicated heh?

Is it not also possible that something other than link pop, such as click thru popularity, may be replacing links as the keys to the kingdom. Does focused content, or themed content as some may call it, play a part? Maybve a BIG part.

Is the statement, "money is the most important part of search rankings" untrue?

As to the question, "i would like to know if using Webposition Gold still works in promoting a website"?

Would not a better question be, "did it ever work for that or did it just make doing it wrong much faster for an affordable price"?
    Hardest working man in search business.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Google-Webposition problem, for checking my site ranking I use agentwebranking. I use it because it works like if I was manually checking my site ranking.

I also use another tools to check where the traffic comes from: hitbox.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still use WPG critic and reporter. While I don't use the templates, the critic offers valid suggestions as to how to optimize your page. I have pretty decent traffic coming in from these optimized pages. In my opinion, it's worth the money if you need help / just starting out with page optimization.

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bobking

Are you sure? Would you bet your livlihood on it? If so, what would be the point of trying to bid for clicks on a PPC engine? Why not just bid for links?

How can a number 1 site have fewer links than a number two site and your statement be correct?
    it is not just links that determine a sites rating - other aspects like keywords, domain names, title etc have to come into play

Is it possible, the "right" link from the "right" place saying the "right" thing for the "right" keyword is the most important factor now in search rankings,may be a truer statement? If so, that would make it a little more complicated heh?

Is it not also possible that something other than link pop, such as click thru popularity, may be replacing links as the keys to the kingdom. Does focused content, or themed content as some may call it, play a part? Maybve a BIG part.

As to the question, "i would like to know if using Webposition Gold still works in promoting a website"?

Would not a better question be, "did it ever work for that or did it just make doing it wrong much faster for an affordable price"?
    good question - i think it worked very well at one point though im not sure what search engines are still within its reach. But the main thing is that se have cracked down on these products and it probably isnt worth risking your site getting banned - if you have a site/domain or whatever that you dont care too much about then it might worth a try blasting th site with software like wpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the Page Critic function useful, and have achieved reasonable results in the past.

My advice would be to download the trial and try it for however long it lasts. To my knowledge, you have nothing to lose (although a while ago Google kicked up a bit of a stink about people using the report function).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bobking

You just answered your own question. Most engines, like Google us a method to rank the page that link to your site, so having a highly ranked site link to yours will increase your rating. How many does come into play, say both you and I have a competing site. I'm linked from 2 sites with page ranks of 6 and your linked from 2 pages with page rank 6 and a page with a 5. Your going to be above me most likely.

Popularity doesn't mean everyone likes you in school, it means the other popular people do.

Link popularity is one of the most important parts of a SEO strategy. Not the only factor, but a very big part of it.
    Chrispian H. Burks
    Nothing To Say