SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opera Turbo not working?

I've been experiencing a problem with Opera Turbo both at home and at work, I'm wondering if anybody can verify it for me.

Opera Turbo isn't working. When I first turn it on, and load a web page, a notification appears in the corner saying 'Opera Turbo is currently not available. It was not possible to establish a connection.'

This has been happening for several weeks, even after rebooting, and on my work computer as well. I have the same ISP at home as at work, so there might be a connection there.

Netstat tells me that my PC is connecting to global-turbo-1-lvs-usa.opera-mini.net, which I assume is a Opera Turbo compression server. I can telnet to this server on port 80 ok, which I am assuming means I can connect to the compression service.

Can somebody check their Opera Turbo and confirm that it's working? For bonus points, could you please run 'netstat -f' and tell me which Opera server you're connected to?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, Opera Turbo is working at work today. Weird. I'll try at home again tonight...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that weird also. I was using opera and had no problems with it really, but I guess opera had it's way of adjusting its turbo depending on the speed of your internet connection. Maybe you dont need a turbo.

Anyway, there are a lot of thing you need to take a look at. Your network setting, if your opera is updated, and other stuffs. Might as well check them again.