SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: ClickBank

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if anybody here has used ClickBank Affiliate Solutions? Are they any good?

Boris

------------------
    <A HREF="http://EchoWebHQ.com" TARGET=_blank>http://EchoWebHQ.com
    </A>WIN cash, free web hosting and up to 50,000 button exposures at http://echodev.com/contest/ in less than 60 seconds. EVERYONE IS A WINNER!

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Appearently they are OK if you do a minimal number of small transactions per month. Beyond that, it is ultimately cheaper to get a real merchant account for your business in order to accept credit cards.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHat about WorldPay?
    I have heard good stuff about them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've probably heard 4 or 5 different forum members here praise ClickBank so far...and have yet to hear of a complaint...so that certainly speaks well of them.

Your own merchant account is likely the way to go if you'll be handling a large number of transactions, although I suspect that would be quite costly...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend ClickBank - we use it to sell our E-Book Author's software.

Do not underestimate the savings ClickBank can represent even if you are selling a good volume. In some cases ClickBank is better than a merchant a/c

Here's a comparison for us - your mileage may differ

We sell our software for US $29.95
    ClickBank charges $1 + 7.5% = $2.30 per sale for CC processing
    We pay affiliates $13.35 per sale
    ClickBank does affiliate tracking for us at no extra cost.

So we're left with $29.95 - $2.30 = $26.70 for direct sales, and $29.95 - $2.30 - $13.35 = $13.35 for affiliate sales.

Now compare using our own merchant a/c

The bank would charge us around 4% of each transaction = $1.20
    If we paid affiliates using a network like Commission Junction, CLickXchange, ClickTrade, etc. the network would charge us 20% (CJ) to 30% (the rest) on top of affiliate commission. Assuming we'd pay at least $13.35 to affiliates - this works out to $2.67 to $4.01 per sale

So we'd be left with $29.95 - $1.20 = $28.75 for direct sales, and $29.95 - $1.20 - $2.67/$4.01 - $13.35 = $12.73 to $11.39 for affiliate sales

Okay not much in it? + there's still 3 more factors that make ClickBank attractive:
    1. We don't need to use a secure server (extra marginal hosting costs, definitely extra admin on our side)
    2. We don't need to pay rental or setup on merchant a/cs, Affiliate Tracking (CJ which is the best option charges a bi-annual setup fee)
    3. And most importantly of all - the affiliate stats and ours are automatically reconciled. For example if we used our merchant a/c, sold an item and the sale is reversed/cancelled/voided - with solutions other than ClickBank we would MANUALLY have to go in and reverse the affiliate commission - with ClickBank this is AUTOMATIC - a major time saver

In summary - ClickBank may not be the best option for everyone - but in this case - it was for us for good business reasons. Analyze what is best for you - using your own merchant a/c may not be the best answer for every situation.

Just because a program is in ClickBank doesn't mean it isn't a serious program, isn't profitable to the merchant, or isn't profitable to the affiliates... There are at least a few ClickBank merchants who are selling 4 and 5 digits worth of stuff every month... and paying out big commissions to affiliates too

HTH

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used clickbank for various websites for almost a year, and they are excellent.

They have always paid me on time and their customer service is top-notch.

-Ryan
    FREE weekly newsletter features recently expired, unused and repossessed Domain Names:
    www.DomainRepo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't heard an ounce about ClickBank, so I can't offer you advice there. Sorry.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I don't want to take this for granted and sign-up with the wrong company, I just need to ask and make sure:

Where is ClickBank's web site, http://www.clickbank.com ?!

Thanks for the reassurance!

--Joshua