SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

processor other than

Which processor other than intel is available in the market,help me to buy such one,i am looking for cor to duo processor,and i want to know your view.
    thanks

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    franklin2709, AMD are the only other processor maker which offer a large range of consumer chipsets (if you had researched you would know this), is there a particular reason you don't want to use Intel because theirs are the best in the market?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think intel processor is best for you and the core to duo would be better for you to buy for your computer.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AMD offers good competition and are as good as Intel... although the processor I used to love is not accesible anymore to the general public: PowerPC! It used to be in the Macintosh but 2-3 years ago they changed their Motorolas to Intels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AMD used to offer good competition to Intel, but since they took over ATi their focus shifted and now their chips have suffered as a result, AMD never recovered when processors turned to multi-cores as Intel have beat them in terms of timeframes and performance in every single area. I used to be an AMD fanboy back in the day because in single core CPU's they offered the best value for money and a lot better performance... now Intel are the sole choice if you really care about performance... AMD's multi-core chipsets are totally useless in comparison to Intel (sad as it may be).

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally useless? That's a bit harsh. Intel may be leading the race, but beyond the latest and greatest chipset at any given time, there's an AMD chip that benchmarks just as fast as each Intel chip. There are more AMD based computers on the shelves at my local Best Buy than Intel ones, they're all plenty performant for the latest games and applications. Not useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it was too strong, though I still stand by what I said about the quality of AMD's chipsets having gone down since the single core days. I used to be an AMD fanboy (as I said previously) but these days I just can't bring myself to use them anymore, I have fallen deeply in with the Intel crowd.