User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page with iframe jumps around

Hey guys,

I'm working on a website for an assignment at uni, and I'm having an issue with one of my pages.

The page has an iframe in it, so that I can embed a Google Docs Spreadsheet into the page which students can edit. When the page loads though, it automatically scrolls partway down the page so the iframe section is visible. It happens in all browsers I've tested with (IE/Chrome/Firefox), and only occurs when the iframe is present.

http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~chr.../activity1.htm

Any ideas?

PS: Oh, also, please ignore the istockphoto watermarks and such on some of the images. They're just placeholders whilst I'm developing the site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I would suspect that something in the IFRAME is calling focus of the cursor.
    Maybe it's the cursor for the login form.

Not a javascript expert, but perhaps the best way to combat this is to call focus to another element at the top of the page?
    Fast Fwd Multimedia
    Web, IT & Cloud Computing Consultancy
    Currently looking for web freelancers. Get in touch!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, I'll try that in a bit when I get a chance and get back to you on whether it worked.

I suspect though that it could cause a bit of jumping around, as the two focus calls compete against each other (depending on which order they occur in).