SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Is The Best Video Clip That Should Be Used For Video Tutorials?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy AndrewCooper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video Tutorial Resolutions

Hi everyone interested in learning from video tutorials!

I've recorded a few clips just to test around resolutions and screen sizes and zooming in and out to see which is best for the viewer but I wouldn't be a good decision maker on this one. I need the help from the people who would potentially watch these videos.

So, video tutorials hosted on YouTube, ideally when you watch them you'll go into High-Quality mode straight away rather than watch it as it is. You'll be wanting to learn HTML and Web Design topics from these video tutorials along with accompanying text tutorials. But, and aside from the audio / voice that will be sorted later, I want some feedback on whether you can see everything fine and dandy.

So, have a watch these clips and then vote in the poll on which one I should use as a base template resolution / screen size for the video tutorials.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKwU8ZlXrJU
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuOOLBuxTjQ
    3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXGl-XUHsvQ
    4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4xI4Zabus

Any feedback is appreciated. Do take into consideration though that I have since cleaned my desktop and have a custom made desktop background graphic which is for the video tutorials, nothing on the video tutorials will breach any copyrights or anything like that. The little code samples done in Notepad were just that! SAMPLES! Jut for playing around with to test whether the code was readable or not.

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Andrew Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think self promotion is against the rule of forum, please be careful.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seoindiauk View Post
    I think self promotion is against the rule of forum, please be careful.
    Hi seoindiauk,

I understand that self promotion is against forum rules / policy however I didn't feel that this was self promotion because I haven't actually given links to any of my Websites OR the Website these video tutorials will be for. In fact, these video tutorials could well be for a client without me getting anything out of SitePoint members visiting and watching them. Also, I'm not promoting any type of content I own such as Websites or saying people should watch my video tutorials over the SitePoint Videos or anyone elses for that matter. I am simply asking for guidance, advice and feedback on screen resolution / screen sizes for the ideal video tutorial.

If I thought for a second that I was breaking the forum rules then I would have PM'ed either a Mentor or an Advisor previous to posting this topic to get permission to post it. However, I felt that I wasn't within any boundaries of self promotion to need to get any confirmation from any moderators.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but again, if I thought for a second I was in the wrong, I probably wouldn't be making a fool of myself trying to defend myself.

Thanks for being so concerned about me breaking rules though

Kind regards,

Andrew Cooper

[Note to Mods: If I am breaking the rules and doing self-promotion in the main topic then I sincerely apologize. I honestly didn't feel it was self-promotion though. I wouldn't have thought it to be self-promotion anyway to be honest.]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, because I can't edit the topic post anymore, I just want to say in case of any confusion that the third paragraph is just a scenario case of the people I'm intending to aim the video tutorials at. I didn't specifically mean SitePoint members when I said "I need the help from the people who would potentially watch these videos." I meant the type of people that would potentially watch them.

Hope that clears up any confusion about self-promotion too.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cooper