SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that there are many, but what would be the best one fore a site like mine ( www.caraudioclub.com )? So far, I have looked at eAds, DoubleClick.net, and AdForce, and Iím still counfused about how DoubleClick and AdForce works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time.

------------------
    Ali Mousavi
    CarAudioClub.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how many impressions you get a month you might want to try flycast or burstmedia. Flycast is better than eads becuase they pay more (CPC) and if you have over 250,000 impressions a month they offer CPM. Burst is very hard to get accepted, and if you provide a search engine or free email they most likely will turn you down. Eads is realiable but only give .10-.15 a click. I recomend flycast!

-Steve Klebanow www.email.ky

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10000+ hits/mo = Advertising.com

------------------
    Dan Grossman
    webmaster@websitegoodies.com
    http://www.websitegoodies.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dose Flycast really pay 50 cents a click?

------------------
    Ali Mousavi
    CarAudioClub.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flycast will usualy get advertisers for about .30-.40 cents but keep in mind that they keep 45% of that... so if they are selling banner space for $ .34 in acuality will only get about 20 cents

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Advertising.com . I started with them before I had 10000 hits a month, and when I had about half that I was getting 80$ checks. They pay both CPM (though its not much) and CPC about 25c and I highly recommend them.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can no longer recommend Advertising.com for providing ads for a site. I used them for a few months then I got this message suddenly:

"too many ips: 81.467% 422 of 518 - 212.140.163.71
    Please explain this"

I could not explain and told him that because I didn't understand what that error meant. He said it was an IP from Europe giving a 9:1 banner ratio. Then he sent me a mail saying he cancelled my account because I couldn't provide an explanation.

Sound good to you? Not to me. Now I have to rush around and find a new company since all the ads are coming up as missing on my site.

------------------
    Dan Grossman
    webmaster@websitegoodies.com
    http://www.websitegoodies.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodies,

It seems like someone was trying to sabotoge you or just VERY interested in your banners. I think the error message is saying that 86% of your clicks was coming from 1 IP address. Most likely they thought that it was you, just to get more money. (I bet you don't live in Europe!)

SitePoint Enthusiast Cold Steel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertising.com did the same thing to me a while back. This is a company that people seem to either love or hate.

Back when they were still known as TeknoSurf, things were going pretty smoothly. Then they rolled out the GPTS program, which had a lot of bugs. And things just went downhill from there.

I've since switched to Engage (formerly Flycast). I've been happy with Engage until this month.

For the month ending 5/31/2000 I served 146,266 impressions and the gross amount was $3276.95.

For the month ending 7/15/2000 I served 148,399 impressions and the gross amount was $58.63.

I've e-mailed their tech support, but have not yet received a reply.

And the Flycast banner code dramatically slows down the loading of your page.

I'm thinking about switching again.

Any ideas?

------------------
    asiansINC
    Freedom to speak. Freedom to innovate. Freedom defined.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad for may, thats about 22 CPM. But I thought Flycast only accepted sites with above 250k impressions for CPM advertising? Or did you make 22 CPM selling CPC Ads?

Chris

SitePoint Enthusiast Cold Steel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I KNOW I serve more than 250k pageviews a month. Don't know how the actual reports/stats work.

Turns out that measly $50something check was for the CPC ads Flycast has been running when they run out of CPM ads. Not bad.

I've been seeing my CPM rates go down significantly though, at least in my daily reports. Hmmm.

------------------
    asiansINC
    Freedom to speak. Freedom to innovate. Freedom defined.