User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Server for community site

Hi
    I知 constructing community website which will contain user accounts with private photos and videos. Chat module text, sound cams (msn like).Not sure about chat software yet (I was thinking about 123 flash chat). I wish and hope to reach about 100 000 users within few years.
    However.... I知 not bad with html ...etc, but when comes to servers I知 not very experienced especially dedicated servers. I had some offer from UK host but some people recommending hosting it in US. I知 spending a lot of my time and money to build this site so I would like to get some very good host so the users would be happy and my pocket won稚 suffer.
    Does anyone running site like that .....need some idea on srever i should start with....any advice would be great.
    Best Regards
    Slav

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with a VPS. They are available for as little as $10 per month. You get all the flexibility of a dedicated server, and can increase the resources allocated to the VPS as your site grows. Only once you need it get a dedicated server (or move into the cloud).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan thanks for answer.....what do you think about server location?
    And the second thing im trying desperatly find some good chat software ...thinking about 123 flash but some people dont recommending it?