SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    If I am selling adspace on my site, how do I accept payments ?

I thought of credit cards - How do i accept credit cards ? can i sign-up 4 free somewhere ?

check will take 2 long. Any other methods ?

thanks.

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Unless you are willing to loose 10-20% in fees to a credit card processor like ClickBank.com to accept credit cards, you are better off getting a merchant account setup through a company like Charge.com if you intend to generate decent revenue from ad sales.

If you don't want to go that route, get advertisers to cut you a check (generally you have to invoice them after the ad has run) or do a wire transfer straight into your account.

Make sure you develop a system of tracking all advertisers, what ads they are running, what they've run, who you've invoiced, and whose paid. This is not only useful for adminstrative purposes, but will also come in handy when tax time comes around.

------------------
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder/Administrator
    http://www.SitePoint.com - Resources to Build and Grow Your Site!
    matt@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also accept payment via Pay Pal (x.com). They are very easy to use and you can have them send you a check or wire transfer into your bank account.

I think in order to accept credit cards you may have to upgrade to their free business account though. They take a mild 1.99% of the total sale, which isn't too much compared to other companies.

Good luck!
    Kyle

------------------
    Sponsor Directory and E-Zine:
    EarnCashOnline.com
    One of the largest selections of baseball cards on the net:
    MajorLeagueCards.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I live in India,sending checks to my address will take a lot of time, right ? and therefore I have to accept credit cards or is there another way ?

Also, if I accept credit cards, will currency be in dollars or can I also get it converted or something ?

Thanks.