SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The automatic value programs suck. You can try 5 and get completely different results.

Rank, Age, keywords, links and traffic determine worth. You never know who wants a domain. I sold one to a lady in Moscow a couple of months ago.
    Did a free push at HOSTNHUB. The domain was parked. 10 dollar reg turned into 500 bucks. Domain name was under a year old and no website.

So you never know what a domain can sell for. If you owned social(dot) com and were selling, you could probably start shopping for a new fishing boat.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd8117 View Post
    General rule of thumb is 20X monthly revenue for a site that needs no work and is basically on autopilot.

<snip/>
    I had heard 12x to 15x if it passive income, but i would welcome your idea of valuation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check out how much your web sites costs with teqpad, See traffic data,website worth, daily revenue, similar sites, social comments, description, traffic by country.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flippa, ebay, afterinc and the forums are great places to sell your website

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had heard 12x to 15x if it passive income, but i would welcome your idea of valuation.
    I've written Sitepoint's guide to valuation here and I have a condensed version of that article here. They are considered pretty much the best advice on website valuation around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you don't think that FruiteMedley is simply tooting his own horn, I have read a lot of articles on the subject and have represented a number of buyers and sellers and I can confirm that his guide to valuing web properties is both comprehensive and well-written.