User Tag List

Thread: Dynamic HTML

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic HTML

I am still a newbie at ASP.Net and doing websites. But I have been charged with the task to create a website for a choir (in which my mum sings, yeah, yeah).

I am doing it in ASP.Net, since I am trying to learn that enough to get a certification. But the homepage needs to be up and running before I have learned everything. So this is where I thought you might be able to help:

Most of the page are simple text (html). Descriptions of the choir, the conductor, the songs, performances etc etc. The webmaster (who is also the conductor) wants to be able to change the text easily without needing to understand any ASP.Net or HTML.

I could make some custom program to help her do this, but I would rather do this the standard way... if only I knew the standard way.

What do I do? Create a program that allow her to upload XML, which the web application then reads and renders? How do I translate what she writes (rich text?) to XML (any build-in help for that, like this message-control I am currently writing in to post this question)?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use Joomla! or Wordpress! or any other ready made CMS!
    (Content managment system)

i use php not asp.

Design Your Site Team bronze trophy Erik J's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi iakob, welcome to SitePoint!

There are lots of Content Managment Systems like Joomla at the Open Source CMS site where you will find both ASP CMS and PHP CMS scripts.
    The site also have some user reviews of all ASP and PHP scripts.

(I too recommend PHP before ASP.NET if that is an option. )
    Happy ADD/ADHD with Asperger's