SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still tweaking our newsletter affiliate program. We were originally paying $0.40 per new subscriber to our free online business newsletters, but that didn't produce much of a response so 2 weeks ago we raised this to $0.60. We have since added around 50 new affiliates, which is a pretty good response I think.

Now we're raising our payout rate to $1 per new subscriber, for both existing and new subscribers.

At this new rate, I believe we're higher than other email newsletter signup programs - but belief can't be put in the bank so...

"Do you know of an affiliate program paying more than $1 per signup for free newsletters?" and "Does $1 sound like a reasonable payout rate to you?"

All responses much appreciated!

Edwin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Edwin:
    "Do you know of an affiliate program paying more than $1 per signup for free newsletters?" and "Does $1 sound like a reasonable payout rate to you?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think $1 per signup is a really good. I think the going rate is in the 50-60 cent range, but I have seen them as low as 10 cents.

As far as other programs paying more than a dollar, off the top of my head I believe http://www.bettergolf.net was paying $1.25 for their "Tip of the Day" newsletter. Not sure if their still doing it.

Some examples are...(I haven't checked these lately so I'm not sure if the below still applies)

Bargaindog.com - 75 cents
    ibizhome.com - 60 cents
    internetexecutive.com - 65 cents
    mailbits.com - 50 cents
    recommend-it.com - 50 cents

These are some that are paying in the same bracket that you are offering, but there are many that are paying far less than that, so I think 60 cents to $1 is a good rate.

Hope this helps,

------------------
    Bob Messinger
    Bob@associate-trackers.com

http://www.associate-trackers.com

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEY! you took my advice!

I think that you probably have the highest payout rate in the world, at the moment- if you promote well, there shouldn't be a problem in attracting numerous affiliates.

Adam

------------------
    Adam Laitt
    adam@AdsSuite.com
    AdsSuite.com-Your one stop Advertising resource- sign up for launch notification NOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BetterGolf is paying $0.25 per signup through Websponsors.com

I didn't post the URL for our program, but we *are* ibizHome.com so the $0.60 rate no longer applies. Gratifying to see that we make it onto your list.

Moderator, pls delete if you think it is necessary, but I had 4 emails in my box this morning asking for the affiliate sign-up URL so I wanted to share it here: http://www.ibizhome.com/affiliate.htm

Now the next question is: "Do you know of any obvious places - beyond the affiliate program directories - that I have to make sure we don't miss during our promotional push?"

Many thanks for your help...

Edwin

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Hi Edwin,

No worries about the affiliate sign-up URL. It's obvious that you didn't open the thread to pitch yourself.

------------------
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder/Administrator
    http://www.SitePoint.com - Resources to Build and Grow Your Site!
    matt@sitepoint.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchase advertising or trade advertising for various webmaster related newsletters. You know then that your getting targetted ads and the response is more likely to be higher.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Magazine - MetaQuark Creations (Coming Soon)
    wayne@sitepoint.com