SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Sitepoint reading their book and article submission emails?

The title of the post is pretty self-explanatory. I have written several times to the posted emails for books and articles submissions and never once I received an email back. Not even an automated one.

At first I included a synopsis of the article or book I am writing, then thinking that maybe it was the idea itself that wasn't good enough I just asked for a replay.
    No luck. So far I sent no less than 6 emails and never a single acknowledgment.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my email getting blocked? Is there another way to contact Sitepoint for books ideas?

Thanks

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think they are over loaded, so don't expect a quick answer. As far as I know, they do read it.

Yet, you rise a very good point. Although it is unlikely, it may be that your post may no reach due to spam filters. The only thing I can do for you it is to ask them and see what's happening.

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    this has been asked and answered before, and i would link to the thread if i could find it

they get thousands of submissions, and cannot answer every one

and they probably (although this is conjecture on my part) figured that serious submitters were capable of seeing how silly an auto-responder message would be
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone was wondering, I contacted conticreative privately and we did uncover his submission.

Thanks for the feedback about trying out an autoresponder; I'll pass it on for you.
    "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is
    my favourite post on the internet."

We'll miss you, Dan Schulz.