SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if this is in the wronge section, but I am having a problem selling my CGI script. The personal version (free) was good and got houndreds of visitors in less then a month, but my pro version (tons more featuresm free installation, for commercial sites) is not doing so good. I submitted it to CGI resources about a month ago and no success. Any tips are appreciated! Thank You!
    Jacob Morrison http://www.zikeweb.com/scripts
    PS: The script builds your whole web site off of one template, so all your pages have the same layout.

[This message has been edited by zikeweb (edited August 03, 2000).]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zike,

go back to the basics.

the fastest way for you to show your product to the market will be creating an affliate program. These days you can do it for less than $100. Pay something like 20% of the price and pay on time and your affliates will be happy.
    http://www.associateprograms.com/search/howto.shtml

Exchange links with other web developers related sites. Sponsor a couple of their pages if you can.

Create a free resources site with the simple scripts you have created , if any. then exposed to the users the upgrade for the same script for a price.

another option will be to give the script for free and then just charge for the installation. just an idea!

And finally make yourself an expert on the field. that is the easiest way to get cutomers. visit all the boards related to your topic and help as much people as you can. They will be happy to give you business after that. Have not you noticed Anyone is an expert Nowadays?

Regards
    Lookpal

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You! That was a big help.

-Jacob Morrison

[This message has been edited by zikeweb (edited August 15, 2000).]