SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheaters or? - buying ppc and banner ads

I'm using some ppc search engines and are buying banner impressions from different networks. My web stats shows that visitors who comes from, for instance, findwhat and overture are usually visiting more than one page at my web site (several page views) while the majority of visitors from some other ppc search engines and banner networks only visits 1 page (1 page view). As for some of the ppc search engines I find this a little odd because those are people actively searching for hosting services - why does my web stat then only show 1 page view for most visitors coming from some of those ppc search engines? The only 1 page view is more understandable for visitors who clicked on a banner on a banner network, and who were not actively searching for hosting services but were just tempted to take a quick look etc. Do I have a reason to be suspicious when buying advertising/ppc from those suppliers? I wouldn't want to waste money and would be more selective if cheating is normal in this field. Hoping for some input. (is there any web sites recommending places to advertise and places NOT to advertise?)

Thank you
    John
    eBizAlive.net- Multiple Domain Hosting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stay within the established PPC such as Overture and Findwhat. The rest do not supply sufficient volume and their traffic quality are not as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably a good advice. What about goclick.com -I've read that they have more visitors than findwhat.com?

John
    eBizAlive.net- Multiple Domain Hosting

You wanna' peice o' me! Automated's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had veru good experiences with the smaller PPC search engines, and i must say that some only get 45/50 searchs a day. But a lot of them are bigger than we think

If its free PPC search engine credit stay with it, afterall its free!

Matthew Taylor
    FreelanceForums.com - Do you Freelance ?
    Visit the Freelance Forums and participate in all areas of Freelance Chat