User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Aventure host review

Hi all!

What can we do when a host ( in this case aventure media host ) changes the terms of service that they have agreed with us?

They were, until yesterday, selling a life package, pay once and use it as long as the company lives they say, but now the company is still alive but they ask for money every year to continue to use the host account.

The problem is what do I tell the costumers I have in there? The prices I negotiated were based on the premise that I had a life package not an annual payment account..

My review of aventure media host? I can never trust them again. No matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still have the details of the original agreement you made with the host? If so, you should demand that they honor the agreement originally negotiated. This would prevent you having to confront your clients with increased costs.

Otherwise... you could look at this as an opportunity to sell more to your existing clients by "upgrading" them to a bigger/better service. Offer them some sort of bonus to make it a sweet deal... and have them pay for something else as well.

Worst case scenario... be honest and let them know that the terms will need to be re-negotiated. If they don't see the value in your services after all that, then it's better to be honest and move onto the next client.

Beware of "life time deals"... they're often very subjective definitions. Check the fine print

Hope this helps

Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Dave for your reply.

It's just that I'm taken for surprise, this was a good host until they show they are not. I think it's always like this.

For me the biggest problem wasn't the money, but the feel I have that I was a fool to believe in them... That is the worst thing I can say about anyone I work with.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Cjapes & all, this is my first post on Sitepoint
    The first post was found using google, as I though someone was in the same situation.

I also received the email saying "Promotion Discontinued" today

I thought it was not a promotion!
    My first life package was purchased in 2005, then I had an upgrade in Jan of 2009, it cost me a lot of money for the last upgrade.
    Today's email "Effective January 1st 2010, all promotional, existing one-time payment accounts will be discontinued at Aventure Host."

It's a big con to make you pay out money for nothing; I'm so upset that this has happened as all my sites are non-profit.

I will have to take the matter further, as I think I have been very misled

As for a recommendation for Aventure Host / Aventure Media, keep well away!
    A host that does this is not professional, and they have no honour.

Perhaps this is the Lifeboat to save them from sinking, but I would take my chances & jump overboard and swim ashore rather than to lose all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hope things work out for you guys. I personally use one hosting account with "Jumba" here in Australia. they allow me to pay one monthly fee... and host as many "addon" domains as I like... there's a restriction on how much space I can use, and traffic the account can handle... but it's much better than a hosting account for each domain!

Give them a try... I recommend them. Or if you'd prefer something local... just search for web host who provides unlimited addon domains. Very good value.

Hope this helps,

Dave

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can we do when a host ( in this case aventure media host ) changes the terms of service that they have agreed with us?
    Find the government agency in their area that handles customer protection and/or regulates advertising. Report the issue.

Contact your bank and ask for guidance. Depending on how long ago the payment was made, you may be able to do a chargeback.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums