SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joomla user, simple Wordpress question

I develop websites primarily in Joomla and recently had my very first Wordpress client

How do I install a plugin on this thing??!?

I created an administrator account for myself, but in the Wordpress admin (www.site.com/admin) there is no section for installing the plugins! I looked at video and written tutorials and they all show a link for plugins in the menu..but mine doesn't have one. Am I logging in the wrong place? Do I have an older version that requires me to do something differently? How can I figure out what version I am running.. I can't find it in the source code, and it isn't printed at the bottom of the admin page like some forums have said...

Please help! I thought this was supposed to be EASIER than Joomla!

here is the website in question:
    www.thevictorygardeninitiative.com

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You upload the plugin files to the wp-content/plugins folder using FTP or else and then under the admin: http://www.thevictorygardeninitiative.com/wp-admin/ under plug ins activate it (adding any necessary code the plug in requires to the theme files).

As far as version it should be listed somewhere in the footer of the admin pages.

If not paste this in a theme file and it will tell you!!

Code PHP:
    <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for that information - it will be very useful once i can get the client to host their site on their OWN server and not wordpress.com --

they thought they were being hosted at godaddy, but it turns out their previous developer put it on wordpress.com instead to save money - without telling my client! o.O so that was the problem.

there is no "version" when you're hosting at wordpress.com, its a multi-user platform. also, you cannot upload plugins to wordpress-hosted sites.

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pas_non View Post
    they thought they were being hosted at godaddy, but it turns out their previous developer put it on wordpress.com instead to save money - without telling my client! o.O so that was the problem.
    Yes this will present issues with full control over the site.

SitePoint Enthusiast jessicalore's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We develop sites on joomla, and yes people say Wordpress is easier than Joomla.
    Honestly I see j=Joomla as a whole mess in one , but I loved it and I just like to keep learning that beautiful CMS. Honestly, I don't see the point to switch to Wordpress while you can develop a fully functional Blog as Wordpress in Joomla.

The SEO it is easier.
    The optimizations excellent, and user interface is smooth as you can imaging.

I mean as long as you know how to do it CMS Joomla it can do great for blogs.

Note: Nothing at the beginning is easy, it does not matter how simple the software is.
    Joomla Tutorials
    Mckinney Computer Repair
    Yes, we have a dress code. You have to dress.