SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping Cart--Which CMS makes intergration easiest??

I'm a designer who recently set up shop on my own. I promised a potential client that I could do a shopping cart for her medium-sized business.

I have some experience with CMSs, most notably Joomla and WordPress. I was initially thinking I there would be a Joomla plugin that I could install & skin and that would be that. After trying to set up a WordPress shopping cart on my own site the other day and reading up a bit more, I am suddenly afraid that I may be in over my head.

I can go with whichever CMS makes this process most painless. Which CMS would you recommend for a person with very limited programming skills wanting to get a shopping cart up and running?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your exact question, I would use CMSbuilder from www.interactivetools.com. Easy for you, simple for the customer.
    Maarten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maartenvr View Post
    To answer your exact question, I would use CMSbuilder from www.interactivetools.com. Easy for you, simple for the customer.
    Thanks for the reply. I've never heard of it. I checked it out and will read up, but can you explain why you think this is a superior solution to installing say Joomla or Mambo (free vs. $200) and messing with a plugin.

I was thinking open-source: Mambo, Joomla, Drupal, ExpressionEngine, WordPress. I just wasn't sure if one of these made configuring a shopping cart easier than the others.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Use Joomla and Virtuemart. They are well-supported and powerful. Wordpress is designed around a blogging platform. Joomla is a true CMS.
    Last edited by Blue Star Ent.; Sep 11, 2009 at 18:38. Reason: add link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mecha51 View Post
    ...but can you explain why you think this is a superior solution to installing say Joomla or Mambo (free vs. $200) and messing with a plugin.
    Because you were looking for something simple and easy to integrate. It does not get much easier then this. I have used Joomla, Mambo, Drupal and others, and would much prefer this simpler solution and have paid the $200 several times...!
    Maarten