SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else noticing problems with CJ?
    I added a smart zone code to my site and it worked fine for a few days and then all the sudden it started causing my pages to load the top part only and then freeze for about 30-45 seconds and then load all the rest of the page at once. When it did load there the banner didn't even show up. the issue went away as soon as I removed the code.

I have not re-added the code as of yet since I have not recieved any reply to the email I sent CJ on this issu for about 3 weeks now. I know they said they were backlogged but thats a bit rediculus.

I have some other questions I want to ask them about different things but I haven't emailed them since I feel as if it probably wouldn't be answered. I wish they had left the forums so that I could just ask the questions there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after over a month with still no replies to the emails I sent them (which REALLY pisses me off) I put a smart zone code back on my site.
    The issue with freezing is gone for now. We will see what happens.

There are new issues now. I have 5-6 banners rotating with this one piece of code the gave me (smart zone as they call it) and for some reason about every 10 banners a piece of text shows up that says Object Not Found. Now that is rediculous. If they can't have a dependable server that can serve up banners then the least they could do is not put text on my site that makes the quality look BAD!! I would rather see a blank space.

As far as your complaint of their undercounting stats. Are you saying impressions are off or click thrus? If it's impressions I can tell you why. The HTML they give out for individule links and the one line of javascript thay give out for smart zones are very cache sensetive. Let me give you an example. If I go to my site I can go to 10 different pages and on the bottom where my code is I will see the same banner every single time even though there are supposed to be 5 different banners being rotated. The only way I can get a new banner to load is by hitting refresh or empting my cache. That is rediculus. Don't their programmers know that javascript and .cgi links can be cached just as easily as a gif image? If not they need to do some firing.

I know we are not getting paid CPM but I still want to see reliable stats which just isn't possible with the codes they are having us use at this time. That is the only way I can effectivley get the most for my advertising space.

I know if I was one of the companies with an affiliate program through CJ I would be calling demanding this was corrected. I know if I was paying CJ my hard earned money to track these things I would expect nothing less than perfection when it came to reporting stats. With the way banners are being cached now I could have the worst banner in the world with the worst CTR but on CJ's stats it would look normal or even good because the banner is being shown many more times than is being reported therefore the CTR would look alot better.

Ok I am done ranting. Overall I thing CJ is one of the best affiliate networks out there but some things are going to have to change. Please if you use them as an affiliate or you pay them to run your affiliate program, tell them how you feel about this. Post in this thread. That way I can send this this thread and hopefully they will see this and help us out and provide us with what we need to make them more money.