SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, I'm about to launch a new site. I intend to sell my own advertising (a first for me, prev. I used Advertising.com/BURST/ Flycast) and have hooked up a good adrotater etc. However, I worry about actually getting advertisers! Should I cold call? Email them? wait for them to come to me?

SitePoint Zealot Jason_Therrien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, with a new site, advertisers are not going to be beating down your door!

Target potential advertisers according to what your site is representing. Sometimes, niche advertising is an easier way to start off because these companies want to be affiliated with the content on your site.

Although, most companies want to see your site metrics before they hand any money over for advertising. Build up the numbers as fast as possible and get ahold of advertisers any way you can (email, phone, in person, etc.).

Good Luck!
    Jason Therrien www.SmartWebBusiness.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had people contact me, and I've also contacted people. Advertising is dually beneficial - both parties gain from it, and both parties know that, so I don't see what is wrong with chasing someone.

------------------
    Football-Punter.co.uk