SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VPS service provider

I thought of having vps hosting to my website. Could, anyone recommend me a best service provider in the market with low price and my bandwidth should be high with good customer service.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably it will not be the most helpful post in forum, but I have been using VPS service about 3 years ago and it was great. I got VPS from guy Artyom in WHT forums. I can't remember the company he owns but his service, pricing and support is great.

SitePoint Zealot webhost.uk.net's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can specify few details regarding the diskspace ,RAM requirement and bandwidth you expect with your budget and if necessary for you ..if you are looking specifically for UK or US VPS company then I hope you could get better response to your request from the forum members.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could, anyone recommend me a best service provider in the market with low price and my bandwidth should be high with good customer service.
    Personally, I have chosen Liquidweb for a site of mine that I felt required a VPS. They're fully managed, and support is there when you need it.

Of course, being managed means that the price is not the lowest you'll find for the specifications. BTW, look for coupons before you buy, from any provider. You'll often get significant get free upgrades or even price reductions.

As for other providers I was looking at, wiredtree, fluidhosting, servint, knownhost would be some that come to mind right now. Keep in mind that I was only interested in fully managed servers. If you are a server admin and have the time to do the job yourself, you can go for unmanaged ones, and the savings will likely be quite significant.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the choice of the provider will depend on the requriments you have for the web hosting and the tasks. You need be sure what you are looking for. New people always start with dedicated or VPs search wile the simpliest web hosting account is fiune for them
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered one of good VPS providers I have been using. It's AykSolutions

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have a look at hqhost VPS deal which is low cost and offer all-inclusive features.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is good guys you have your own experience with the host. But that is your own experience and I'm not sure OP will have the same
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know kodohost.com is offering pretty much attractive VPS solutions, being rather stable and experienced provider. However it is rather difficult to say without knowing the exact requirements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joker2007 View Post
    I thought of having vps hosting to my website. Could, anyone recommend me a best service provider in the market with low price and my bandwidth should be high with good customer service.
    Low prices and good customer services doesn't go together most of the time. What kind of website are you hosting, and what's your budget?

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm using modVPS as a (managed) host. Good service at a reasonable price and their support is great.

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I'm using ecvps.com, also included managed host

they are offer super cheap either

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddmm View Post
    I'm using ecvps.com, also included managed host

they are offer super cheap either
    Please no offense, but I think (no, I'm sure) thread started have found something or quite the idea. Just check the date

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just my 2 cents... i have had inmotion hosting with a vps plan and it had been great with the one exception with sever load. this particular site is wordpress and they were saying i over-loaded the sever one day and suspended my account. Not i understand if i was getting thousands of unique visits per hour but i am getting around 4000 a day... not near enough to push a vps plan like they said. I think it was someone elses site using the resources.

VPS is a good step before moving to dedicated IMO.