SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy SSL Certificate issue...

hey guys, i'm having an issue with my ssl and here is the story.
    i got a ssl from godaddy and my hosting tech guys installed it for me. a day after that i was told by friend of mine that installing a ssl on my index page is a mistake because this will literally "kill" the site. so after few more consultations i was convinced to revoke the ssl and get another one which will be for secure.domain.com aka login page. next day i got new ssl(already assigned for secure.domain.com) and asked my hosting guys to create the sub-domain where the same will be installed. so far, everything after that was fine.

now, this issue i'm having right now is when i asked the hosting guys why the site isn't show properly when i type www.domain.com they told me "The ssl is successfully setup for the secure sub-domain. You should remove the https://domain.com from the links on your front page because this will cause issues with the page loading". and here, i'm completely lost. i thought it's some kind of misconfiguration of the .htaccess file that caused me the problem or may be i have to create a forder "secure" under public_html...i'm in desperate need of your valuable tips and help, guys. thank you so much in advance.

p.s. i rather do 'remote-desktop' session in order to escape from this annoyance.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure on the problem.

So you did follow the tech support's advice and did remove the https:// from the links?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i simply don't know "how-to", coz i'm not the very feel confident doing it.